• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Other LEOs abuse power, too. Just differently...

Wild, Wonderfull West Virginia! FREE AT LAST!!
This is how they do it back in my home town in PA.

Luzerne sheriff sold guns to deputies

WILKES-BARRE - The Luzerne County Sheriff's Office has sold about 20 guns, some to deputy sheriffs and one to former Sheriff Michael Savokinas, Solicitor Vito DeLuca said Monday.

Mr. DeLuca said he has started an investigation of the gun sales in response to learning that Mr. Savokinas improperly agreed to sell a Thompson submachine gun, known as a Tommy gun, for $20,000 in August 2009. Mr. DeLuca said only county commissioners can approve sales of property, including firearms issued to the sheriff's office.

Mr. Savokinas said he made the county money when sheriff's employees bought firearms that hadn't been used in 20 years.

I know a Deputy and last year he aquired a very nice M14 at a VERY good price. I have to believe that it was loaner from the Feds and pprobably should never have been transfered.
But this is the same Courthouse where a few Judges were putting juvies away because they were getting kick backs for each bed they filled.
Another difference is that down there they are putting those people in prison for years and stripping them of their pensions.
The Sheriff may face the same thing.
And isn't $20K for a WWII Thompson a bit cheap?

Back
Top Bottom