• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Other .40 cal pistol options?

One of these days you gotta shoot my free state P250. The trigger is actually kinda nice! Very much like a smooth revolver trigger.

agree the MA model P250 triggers are unshootable.

Thanks, but I dry fired a free state P250 and i had to hold back a little vomit by the time i got finished pulling the trigger.

-Mike

Thanks, but I dry fired a free state P250 and i had to hold back a little vomit by the time i got finished pulling the trigger.

-Mike

This. I dont think ive ever felt a great sig trigger.

Solid as a rock, again, but yeah.

Handled a 250. Probably worse than dgrant said. It's as if the trigger has sand in the vag.

Leaning towards the beretta 96 as the "expensive" option, 4006 and similar as the "budget" option. Going to do a bit more research.

I had a S&W Sigma in .40 years ago. I don't remember why I bought it - must have been drinking or something - but it was the biggest POS gun I've ever owned.

I have a Sig P229R-DAK at work and love it. Shoots well, hard to break, easy to clean.
A Sigma .40 was the very first gun I ever purchased. I was shooting it at the public range at Smith & Wesson and thought it was broken, the trigger was so bad. One of the range officers shot it for me to check it out, then quietly suggested that I sell it and buy a Glock.

A Sigma .40 was the very first gun I ever purchased. I was shooting it at the public range at Smith & Wesson and thought it was broken, the trigger was so bad. One of the range officers shot it for me to check it out, then quietly suggested that I sell it and buy a Glock.
The Sigma was awful.

Thinking Im going back to the Sig. Had a 229, traded it like an idiot for a PPS 9mm...hated that gun!

Last edited:
Saw that....kind of less infatuated with striker fired polys.

I have a k40 (for sale in classifieds) that is great to shoot but its a single stack w/ 7rounds. The trigger pull is long and smooth and the full metal frame handles the recoil perfectly. I think its a great iwb .40 but I pocket a pm9 so this is just gonna collect dust for me.

If for whatever reason I had to get rid of my glocks I would revert back to SIG likely a 229 and be less than pleased but confident in the gun nonetheless.

I like my G35. I realize it's basically the same as the G23 you got rid of, but I like the long barrel, and it's got a slightly better trigger than most of the other glocks.

Im warming to the HK USP....got to handle a full size the other day and have been researching it -- Im thinking this might be the way I go.

Im warming to the HK USP....got to handle a full size the other day and have been researching it -- Im thinking this might be the way I go.

Better off waiting for the VP40, IMHO. Will be a much more usable pistol, particularly WRT the trigger.

-Mike

I'm not much of a fan of .40.. but if you're into Sigs, that's a good option. I personally am not. At all. I can't stand them.

I agree with Mike, do a VP40 once available. If the VP9 is any proof, I can see that platform being pretty alright in .40

Great trigger, good build, and one of the most comfortable full size semi's I've held in recent memory. Not to mention that the trigger, for a striker fired gun, is as good as you can get.

The price on the extra mags will make you sh** yourself, though.

While I do dig the VP9, I'm looking for a DA/SA platform this time out. That said, I'm really digging HKs in general.

DA/SA usually sucks, though. It might take you 10 years, but eventually you'll figure this out. It doesn't help that the USP series has what I would call a marginal DA/SA trigger system. It's not like a CZ where you can gussy it up and make it ****ing awesome, that's simply not happening. You can take it from being terribly to being marginally usable and that's about it. It's so bad on most guns that I automatically look at DA/SA as a disqualifier unless it makes up for it by having an awesome implementation.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom