Osprey global optics

Never heard of them, im not sure what to think about thier
"About Us" write up.
Around since 1995 and only sold 100,000 units? This seems low to me?. Seems the bulk of thier scopes are in that $125-$300 range.

Save your pennies. I wouldn't go any lower than Athlon or Vortex, and that's just because I can't afford a Nightforce or S&B. It's not even a clarity issue (most chicom scopes have OK glass nowadays), but more of a turret thing. Cheap turrets can and will give you inaccurate or even "blind" clicks (the turrets give you a positive click, but your reticle won't move) and the tracking goes out the window. It'll drive you insane while sighting in. Of course, some $230 scope owner will come along and tell you how great his is. Ask him how many times he adjusted windage and elevation. Ask him to report back after doing it, I don't know, 300 times maybe? When the plastic and pot metal parts in his scope start shitting the bed. Vortex has their viper line on sale fairly regularly. And they also have the lifetime guarantee (which won't help you if your optic lets you down two hours into your three days hunting trip)

Save your pennies. I wouldn't go any lower than Athlon or Vortex, and that's just because I can't afford a Nightforce or S&B. It's not even a clarity issue (most chicom scopes have OK glass nowadays), but more of a turret thing. Cheap turrets can and will give you inaccurate or even "blind" clicks (the turrets give you a positive click, but your reticle won't move) and the tracking goes out the window. It'll drive you insane while sighting in. Of course, some $230 scope owner will come along and tell you how great his is. Ask him how many times he adjusted windage and elevation. Ask him to report back after doing it, I don't know, 300 times maybe? When the plastic and pot metal parts in his scope start shitting the bed. Vortex has their viper line on sale fairly regularly. And they also have the lifetime guarantee (which won't help you if your optic lets you down two hours into your three days hunting trip)
Turrets and tracking are generally poor as you state. i have several scopes that fit this.
So if your a turret twister make sure there is some quality behins the turrets.

Back
Top Bottom