OSHA Fines Firing Range

Just read the article. Implementing those conditions demanded by OSHA would likely close all the current commercial ranges in this area due to cost and "real estate" (space for showers, etc.).

Just read the article. Implementing those conditions demanded by OSHA would likely close all the current commercial ranges in this area due to cost and "real estate" (space for showers, etc.).

The other alternative is that ranges switch to lead free ammunition, which would probably also be cost prohibitive.

No "clubs" in MA that I'm aware of have employees working at the club, they are not for profit orgs.

Commercial ranges (e.g. AFS, MFS, etc.) have to worry about OSHA, not your normal gun clubs.

Some Clubs have employees, but knowing exposure level limits as well as having guidelines and regularly scheduled "training and testing" can go a long way.

Some Clubs have employees, but knowing exposure level limits as well as having guidelines and regularly scheduled "training and testing" can go a long way.

I'm not aware of any in MA. My clubs contract for a cleaning service to clean the clubhouse, some clubs pay a stipend to some of their officers, but they aren't employees in the sense that OSHA would be interested in.

Installing showers, providing facemasks and training, policing unshaven workers, etc. would be huge cost and headache for any small business, never mind a small gun shop/range combo.

Barney's is a police/tackleberry supply store. I've been to the one in NO, great selection of general 'tac' gear. Friendly staff to boot. Only real problem is the one in NO is on a back street that's a pain to get to.

Well, at least we can be assured there is no POLITICAL MOTIVE for this OSHA fine!

[rolleyes]

MFS does have a shower in one of the Ladies rooms. I'm guessing there is also one in the men's room.

Back
Top Bottom