• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Original German Ammo from WWII...

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
A change of pace. Many of us have a little batch of original ammo as a collectible.

Here's my little stash of 7.9mm: 1 each of red/green, yellow, and orange tracer, 1-fur MG, 1- s.S. Patronen, 1 box on strippers of intermediate pistolenpatronen43 for the Sturmgeweher, and 1-9mm pistol.

Picked them up six years ago from an antique shop that was closing. There was originally twice as much for $80 - I balked at first; got what was left for $40. He who hesitates...

MS

Last edited:
nice stash. It still amazes me that all of the units that were running out of ammo during the war and here we are years later and it is available fairly easy.

Nice stash you have there Tim.

Surplus collector grade ammo is one of the things milsurp collectors can enjoy collecting for fairly cheap money. Unfortunately even when a lot of it comes up on auction sites people won't send it to Massachusetts.[rolleyes]

You can still find some here and there at gun shows.

When I find any out of the norm ammo I always save some for my collection.

Add six rounds of 1916 dated WWI 7.92x57 German ammo[grin]. Here are the five best I put on a '56 Yugo stripper. I also have a few brass sprung ones. Was WWI ammo on brass or steel clips?

002a.jpg

004d.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Here's my stash. Amazing how shiny it still is:

9tl2qf.jpg

30wqv85.jpg

rqzqmu.jpg

14ebakj.jpg

Patr. s. S. tells us it's a heavy, spire-tipped bullet.
P/315. L.21.36 means it is the 21st Lot produced in 1936 at Markisches Walzwerk GmbH, Strausberg Bez. Potsdam, Germany.
Nz.Gew.BL.P.(2-2-0,45) specifies the weight and type of flaked Nitrocellulose rifle powder
Rdf.90.L.36 means it was shipped from Rheindorf Arsenal in the 90th shipped Lot of 1936
Zdh.:S.K.D.1664.L.36 tells us about the primer.

The over-stamped iL means the ammo is im Ladestreifen, or in stripper clips.

Last edited:
9tl2qf.jpg

I like it! I got my WWI by chance from a similar post on Gunboards which gave me the idea for my post. I think at the next Marlboro gun show I'll look for a few more boxes. From that post, the holy grail is B-patronen, which are explosive([shocked]) rounds.

MS

Czechoslovakia contract 9mm luger 1942

Picture848.jpg

Pinfire no Idea on the date..they both came from my dads collection when he passed.

Picture851-1.jpg

Picture850-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom