ORIGINAL BOB'S SALISBURY,MA

They got it back, then someone else dropped it again - I think it's still in the case and available
They never got it back. Jack & I were talking about it last night. I don't get it, how can they sieze property and never return it? This isn't the first time this has happened to Bob's. There are three guns that were confiscated a while back that haven't been returned either. WTF?

god bless this shop... not only my favorite combo shop/range, but i just won their "gun giveaway" a beretta 92fs! thanks jack and crew at bobs!!

Just to bump, I was at this (there must be another thread) and it was a really good time. Always a good time at Bob's anyway.

Is there any plans for doing this again some Monday?

Does Jack offer any discounts for NES shooters on lane time or gun rentals? (flat instead of per gun).

Let's do it again!

Edit: Oh and to whoever brought the long barrel browning .22, +1 smooth as butter on those plates.

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread. I found out this evening that Original Bob's former manager Jack Marlowe died of a Heart Attack Tuesday, he was 54 years old. I met Jack about 25 years ago, he was working for a customer of mine, a guy I had worked for years earlier. I think he started at Bob's around 2002 and left in 2014. He was a funny guy and a bit off the wall but he was a good guy. Since he left Bob's we've spoken a few times on the phone, a few texts and 11 e-mails (I just counted them). His e-mail was [email protected], I always laughed when I saw his e-mail address. He was a good friend to NES, we had a great NES Shoot there on a Monday night when they were normally closed back in 2011. https://www.northeastshooters.com/x...s-in-salisbury-ma-information-4-25-11.127303/

There's no Obituary or Funeral info yet. I spoke to one of our mutual friends this evening and he said he would text me the info as soon as he had it. I will post it here. RIP Jack, you will be missed.

Thanks for the update, keep us posted. Dude was not just a character, he was a whole comic book.

Yeah Todd, he was the whole book. I remember one time there was this guy Jack wasn't too fond of, the guy asked to use the shitter, after about two minutes, Jack lights a Bottle Rocket and drops it on the floor of the room behind the register, the thing flew into the stall and boom. The guy was cursing a blue streak, but when he finally came out he was laughing. Did you ever see some of the " Occupations " he put on the FA-10's. Pope, Brain Surgeon, Penis Polisher etc, etc ad infinitum. He was an Original, no pun intended.

I would love to have the ATF audit my "professions" based on his submissions...I'll be polite and not provide details but they are hilarious. Might actally explain some of my earning statements too.

I had forgot about him adding to the forms. 20 years from now when somebody mentions his name there will be a funny story to go with it. A friend reminded me of the fun Mass and New Hampshire State police we met when riding the bikes and what nice penmanship the little prick had.

Jack gave the safety class to my wife and I before our LTC's. back then there was still some fuddish character living inside me. I mumbed something like "I don't need a rifle, I just need a..." and he interjected saying something like "don't be a fool you want all of them you just don't know it yet". man I thought he was sort of a loony at the time but he was right. I complained that his 1911 was hard to rack the slide and he was like "dude your wife just racked it no problem stop complaining". I know he was full of character because I spent only a few hours with the guy but remember him well. he left a positive impression on my wife and I. she found him funny. it is a damn shame that he passed so young. RIP Jack.

That sucks about Jack and my thoughts are with his family. I was friends with another guy who used to work at Bob's who died around 2012.

I gotta say, though, my #1 "bad/scary range day" story is from Bob's on a Jack day. I'm sure he was a blast at parties but even other employees were complaining about how he ran the range.

Met Jack at Bobs about 10 years ago and he was a character, but the more I talked with him and listened to the information he was giving me, the more I liked him. Very sorry to hear of his passing, he will be missed. RIP

Seems like an NES night at OB Guns as a fundraiser for Jack's family might not be a bad idea. Anybody have a close relationship with the current management?

Seems like an NES night at OB Guns as a fundraiser for Jack's family might not be a bad idea. Anybody have a close relationship with the current management?
Bob still owns it and his son Aaron is the manager. I wouldn't say I'm close with the Bernstein's but I know them pretty well. I only frequent the shop now maybe 6 times a year. When Jack was there I would go in at least once a week. Let's give it a little time then I'll put out some feelers.

I stopped @ Bob's on my way up to NH Saturday afternoon. I mentioned a NES night as a fundraiser for Jack's family and Aaron seemed very receptive about the idea. He said he already had plans to raffle a gun off with all the proceeds going to Jack's Family. I will discuss this in more depth with Aaron either @ the Wake or the "After Wake" thing @ the Elks assuming he can make it. Either he or Steve need to be @ the store so Aaron said they'd be swapping off.

Hey Brian, remember the NES shoot, I believe you had to cut out early because you wife was going into labor, back when you were still a Mass-Hole.

I do. You have quite the memory. Better than mine. We didn't know anyone and you were one of the first to talk to us.

Are you still in Beverly? Sounds like you have place up north now too?

I do. You have quite the memory. Better than mine. We didn't know anyone and you were one of the first to talk to us.

Are you still in Beverly? Sounds like you have place up north now too?

My memory ain't what it was (Damn 80's), but it's still pretty good. Still in Beverly too, about 28 years now. Spent my life savings on my land, my Dad bought the small adjacent lot, the one with the house. I can't really afford to build until I sell my house down here but we stay at his house, he rarely goes up. I've got no mortgage up there and every time I get my Tax Bill I just giggle. It's 1/4 of my Mass Tax Bill for 500 + times the land, but still no house :-(.

All good time.

We bought a foreclosure so we had to do a lot of work to it.

My memory ain't what it was (Damn 80's), but it's still pretty good. Still in Beverly too, about 28 years now. Spent my life savings on my land, my Dad bought the small adjacent lot, the one with the house. I can't really afford to build until I sell my house down here but we stay at his house, he rarely goes up. I've got no mortgage up there and every time I get my Tax Bill I just giggle. It's 1/4 of my Mass Tax Bill for 500 + times the land, but still no house :-(.

Back
Top Bottom