ORIGINAL BOB'S SALISBURY,MA

i've been introduced to Jack at Original Bob's by a couple of my buddie's who have been shooting up there for almost a year now. Jack, not knowing me at all pretty much treated me like i was part of the crew right from the start. At first i thought this guy wants to butter me up so my wallet becomes a little more loose come time to buy my first gun. After being around for the last month or so,i see Jack is like that with pretty much everyone and is probably one of the most down to earth guys you will ever meet. To make a long story short i ended up buying my wife's first gun Bodyguard .380 and i try to shoot up there atleast once a week. They love teaching the newbies like myself how to get it done the right way. thx for the great customer service Jack,and keep up the good work Bob's.
Diddy.
P.S. the wife says you should start a one night a week plate shoot for women only....lol

Last edited:
Hi - I agree, Jack is a nice guy, and it's a friendly place to shoot.

No offense, but you've got the name of the shop wrong. The range where Jack works, and you can shoot as well as buy, is called 'Original Bob's'. They're both in Salisbury, on rt 1.

Bob's Tactical is a little place south of Salisbury center (gun shop, no range). Can you believe it.... 2 gun shops both named Bobs, on the same road, within a mile of each other!

yea i got to say i love that range....first time i went had a bit of an issue with an m1 carbine....but no worries, still had fun.........i try to go there atleast once a week............could there be a NES shoot there any time soon? perhaps drinks/food afterwards.....very friendly staff, i usually go up to the walmart in nh, buy a few hundred rounds of ammo and some targets.........its funny every time i go there its dead and after the first 50 rounds it gets packed......hahaha

oooooops! i know Jack will bust my balls for that one.....lmao!

No offense, but you've got the name of the shop wrong. The range where Jack works, and you can shoot as well as buy, is called 'Original Bob's'. They're both in Salisbury, on rt 1.

Bob's Tactical is a little place south of Salisbury center (gun shop, no range). Can you believe it.... 2 gun shops both named Bobs, on the same road, within a mile of each other!

yea i got to say i love that range....first time i went had a bit of an issue with an m1 carbine....but no worries, still had fun.........i try to go there atleast once a week............could there be a NES shoot there any time soon? perhaps drinks/food afterwards.....very friendly staff, i usually go up to the walmart in nh, buy a few hundred rounds of ammo and some targets.........its funny every time i go there its dead and after the first 50 rounds it gets packed......hahaha

Im in for a get together, was going to post up about it as there was some rumbling in the 'incident' thread about throwing some support. If someone wants to organize it, atleast pick a night and everyone throw in for pizza or something.

I'm there all the time too and think a girls only plate shoot sounds great. I hate getting beat by a woman. It makes me bitch and moan about my gun shooting wrong for the next week or two.
Look for ya there.
If ya see some old bastard that looks like Santa clause say hi.

I have recently joined Mystic Valley GC but I have 2 weeks before I get my key card. Bob's was where I have been going to shoot. I went yesterday afternoon for one last go there and it was an hour and a half wait so I left. I will try them again next weekend. It's a cool place but I will have to admit some of the younger crowd that goes there make me a little nervous with their gun handling and their range ethics kinda suck.

Glad to hear the range is up and operating after the incident.

I would try and make a get together there. Only thing I don't like about bobs is that I can't shoot my AK there. Great friendly place though.

how is MVGC?,i was thinking about joining MRA with a couple buddies soon.
I have recently joined Mystic Valley GC but I have 2 weeks before I get my key card. Bob's was where I have been going to shoot. I went yesterday afternoon for one last go there and it was an hour and a half wait so I left. I will try them again next weekend. It's a cool place but I will have to admit some of the younger crowd that goes there make me a little nervous with their gun handling and their range ethics kinda suck.

dude it was up and running the following day.......lol

I would try and make a get together there. Only thing I don't like about bobs is that I can't shoot my AK there. Great friendly place though.

No AK? Ive seen some guys shooting AR's, MP5's and the like there. Was there I think thursday and guy shooting the MP5 in the next lane had his target at maybe 25ft and looked like the floor was getting torn up down range before he realized it.

No AK? Ive seen some guys shooting AR's, MP5's and the like there. Was there I think thursday and guy shooting the MP5 in the next lane had his target at maybe 25ft and looked like the floor was getting torn up down range before he realized it.

Huh, interesting. I asked when I brought it up there the first time and they said no...

I dunno!

yeah i heard they were doing the 100 bucks off thing,thats cool........im trying to start shooting clays so i want to join a club that does it all
I went once with my cousin and it's good. I signed up at the Wilmington show for a great price and my cousin had sponsored me. I love the fact that it's 24/7 and I live 5 minutes down the road!!!

yeah i heard they were doing the 100 bucks off thing,thats cool........im trying to start shooting clays so i want to join a club that does it all

You might want to check out Woburn. My friend is going to join Woburn so we can shoot our shotguns. So it will almost be like I'm a member of 2 clubs.

yeah,MRA.........visited a couple weeks ago,even with snow on the ground the place was still nice.....getting in is kind of crazy but it's all good
You might want to check out Woburn. My friend is going to join Woburn so we can shoot our shotguns. So it will almost be like I'm a member of 2 clubs.

The sign above the door of the more southern Bob's says "Baystate Arms". At one time, the two Bob's were one. If you go to Baystate Arms weeknights, Walter is the guy at the counter. Bob's there on the weekend if he's not at a gun show. These guys don't do much new stuff, mostly pre 1899, C&R and used. I've bought a fair amount from them at some pretty good prices. But, I've bought way more guns from Jack @ Original Bob's. Both good places.

I talked to Jack and Original Bobs is normally closed on Monday nights. If there was enough interest here on NES we could have a NES only night there with just us and we could do some kind of a shoot. Rifles shooting pistol calibers are allowed but not rifle calibers. Occasionally someone buying a rifle there is allowed to run a mag through it before they leave just to make sure everything is OK. They used to allow it but the target carriers were getting torn up to much and they are expensive. It was a loosing proposition for them also the noise from the rifles was a problem.
The 22 plate machine is still being used on Thursday nights and we could use that on a couple of the lanes and the other lanes for center fire shooters.
It wouldn't be a problem if we wanted to send out for pizza or Chinese food and pig out while shooting.
So if there is interest speak up and lets see if we can make this happen we can set things up pretty much anyway we like.

what would be the date? or what monday?
I talked to Jack and Original Bobs is normally closed on Monday nights. If there was enough interest here on NES we could have a NES only night there with just us and we could do some kind of a shoot. Rifles shooting pistol calibers are allowed but not rifle calibers. Occasionally someone buying a rifle there is allowed to run a mag through it before they leave just to make sure everything is OK. They used to allow it but the target carriers were getting torn up to much and they are expensive. It was a loosing proposition for them also the noise from the rifles was a problem.
The 22 plate machine is still being used on Thursday nights and we could use that on a couple of the lanes and the other lanes for center fire shooters.
It wouldn't be a problem if we wanted to send out for pizza or Chinese food and pig out while shooting.
So if there is interest speak up and lets see if we can make this happen we can set things up pretty much anyway we like.

We will have to schedule it for a time he has no class. You can take that two ways :)
I am planning on going to Fla next week and returing sometime first week of April. I will have lap top so we can set it up from there so maybe the second or third of April. It could be a fun time for all. I'll work out the details with Jack. I would like to soot the 22 plate machine in some kind of shoot and we can just blast paper on the other lanes or think up something fun.

Back
Top Bottom