Organizing / storing pistol magazines?

backinblack

NES Member
Wondering if the NES braintrust has any clever methods of organizing and storing pistol magazines? Not much room on the safe shelving, and the door has all of the document pouches. Eventually, I'm going to forget what pistol they go with...

no magic here, i just put them in cardboard boxes and store the boxes on the shelf of my reloading bench. i only have basically 3 types, 1911, various glocks and sig 220.

Every mag fed gun in my safe has a mag in it. Whatever extra mags don't fit in the safe go in labeled zip lock bags and then into a plastic storage container and are kept in safe number 2. I know which mags fit which gun, the labels are for the benefit of whoever has to deal with them when I croak [laugh].

If you have so many guns you can't remember which mags fit which guns, I envy you!

Every mag fed gun in my safe has a mag in it. Whatever extra mags don't fit in the safe go in labeled zip lock bags and then into a plastic storage container and are kept in safe number 2. I know which mags fit which gun, the labels are for the benefit of whoever has to deal with them when I croak [laugh].

If you have so many guns you can't remember which mags fit which guns, I envy you!
So many mags look alike

I have pistol bags with mag loops for most all of my mag fed handguns so the extra magazines live there. Other dedicated bags have mags/ammo for AK, AR, etc.

couple of different smaller cardboard boxes stacked on shelves. nothing too crazy and with the amount of amazon boxes you get, easy enough to find one that is the right size for the space you have.

Good topic. My though is that if a gun has a mag the mag is loaded with ammo. They are stacked very haphazardly on the top shelf of my safes. Sometimes I need to spend a few minutes to figure out what mag goes to what gun. I really need to find a better way to store them as well.

I like the ammo can spacers above but you still could get confused on which mag is which when stored like that.

Wondering if the NES braintrust has any clever methods of organizing and storing pistol magazines? Not much room on the safe shelving, and the door has all of the document pouches. Eventually, I'm going to forget what pistol they go with...
I use plastic bibs I got at the hardware store. They come in different sizes and include covers. Inexpensive too. I have a label maker that is used to put labels on them so I can find the correct magazine without opening them.

eta: forgot to mention that you can just pop the whole tray in your range bag.

Large ZipLock bags labeled what guns the mags are for and then stored in 3 boxes--marked 9mm, .40, and 45ACP.
Same with rifle mags. Simple, cheap and it works. If I'm taking my Canik to the range, just reach in and grab the bag.

Back
Top Bottom