• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

oregon militia seizes building

so what you are saying is, the BLM most likely trumped up charges against these guys just to get their land. Its a conspiracy but i know enough of how the government acts to really believe it.

Historicaly the state and federal government here has been working hand in hand to drive the people off the land. They go after everyone making a living off the land the people own and it isn't just the ranchers. Timber took a big hit when the gov did the spotted owl reduction in forest management. They have destroyed mining and fishing and are killing farming too. Oregon has the most corrupt government in the United States.

So did they start the fire to cover up illegal poaching?

Im not saying the punishment is reasonable, when you consider the boston bombing accomplice got 17 months, but that is what is being reported.

There are so many deer on the ranches they compete with the cattle for food. It's high desert. The state gives permits to kill as many deer as the ranchers need to in order to protect the silage piles. However the meat from those animals is wasted because the state won't allow anyone to have it. 25 or 30 deer at a time killed and left to rot. There is no need for a rancher to poach.

There are so many deer on the ranches they compete with the cattle for food. It's high desert. The state gives permits to kill as many deer as the ranchers need to in order to protect the silage piles. However the meat from those animals is wasted because the state won't allow anyone to have it. 25 or 30 deer at a time killed and left to rot. There is no need for a rancher to poach.

Because the state will not allow them to have it. See a problem there?

Now if the media is calling these guys milita.... Doesn't that mean that their 2nd amendments rights are sacrosanct? And why doesn't re-punishing someone fall under double jeopardy laws? If the judge messed up and didn't sentience them correctly it isn't on them... Charge the judge?

So did they start the fire to cover up illegal poaching?

Im not saying the punishment is reasonable, when you consider the boston bombing accomplice got 17 months, but that is what is being reported.

Why would a Rancher with 1000's of heads of cattle poach a few deer? If he wanted food he could just butcher a few of the herd. The poaching charges make no sense.

Outside of the rural red states Constitutionalists are thin on the ground. In the blue states, today's Americans don't want freedom, they want a kind master. There is nothing new under the sun.

"Few men desire freedom; the greater part are content with just masters".....Gaius Sallustius Crispus, Roman statesman and historian, 86−34 BC

Like I posted before, only 3% revolted against England. Others fell in line out of fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would a Rancher with 1000's of heads of cattle poach a few deer? If he wanted food he could just butcher a few of the herd. The poaching charges make no sense.

If anything the deer got BBQed in the brush burn. History is written by the victors.

Because they can. Vindictive. They wanted something and didn't get it. So they tried another tactic, and lost. So on they go.

"The most powerful aspect of any bureaucracy, in Kidd’s eyes, was the same thing that gave cancer its power: it was immortal. If you didn’t seek it out and kill it, cell by cell, it’d just keep growing. Bureaucracies could chase you forever. You could defeat them over and over and over again, and the bureaucracy didn’t much care, though some individual bureaucrats might. The bureaucracy, as a whole, just kept coming, as long as the funding lasted."

This is exactly why I think a crucial piece of the fight for liberty - is the coming default of the government. It's also why I think having Hillary in office in the next cycle - is important.

Go read some books about the Roman empire, and what happened in the end stages.

Ever heard this quote before: ?

Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad

I think that's what we've got going on here all around us. The liberal/progressive order is falling apart. Things like this Oregon militia takeover - are just as much a part of that as the college loser students bitching about micro-aggressions and the whole "black lives matter" thing are.

The liberal enforced world order is splitting apart.

This is exactly why I think a crucial piece of the fight for liberty - is the coming default of the government. It's also why I think having Hillary in office in the next cycle - is important.

Go read some books about the Roman empire, and what happened in the end stages.

Ever heard this quote before: ?

I think that's what we've got going on here all around us. The liberal/progressive order is falling apart. Things like this Oregon militia takeover - are just as much a part of that as the college loser students bitching about micro-aggressions and the whole "black lives matter" thing are.

The liberal enforced world order is splitting apart.

I'm hoping you're right and think you are

I'm hoping you're right and think you are

Look at the trend line - and tell me you think it's getting any better........

We are going to get a recession this year or the next. Depending on who you listen to - it could be as bad or worse as the last one.

Look at what has happened since Obammy has been in office.

Do you really think things will get "better" if Hillary is in there? I don't.

At this point I think the only way things get 'better' - is when the source of MANY of our problems - the Federal government - suffers thru some sort of major implosion.

People are correct - there's a lot of citizens who just simply don't pay attention. Something needs to happen to MAKE them pay attention. Bad shit usually accomplishes that.

So I say bring on the bad shit.

Look at the trend line - and tell me you think it's getting any better........

We are going to get a recession this year or the next. Depending on who you listen to - it could be as bad or worse as the last one.

Look at what has happened since Obammy has been in office.

Do you really think things will get "better" if Hillary is in there? I don't.

At this point I think the only way things get 'better' - is when the source of MANY of our problems - the Federal government - suffers thru some sort of major implosion.

People are correct - there's a lot of citizens who just simply don't pay attention. Something needs to happen to MAKE them pay attention. Bad shit usually accomplishes that.

So I say bring on the bad shit.

That's news to me, I was never aware we left the last recession.

Live stream, do not click on video if you are logged into your google account and want to remain anonymous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not clear on this whole ordeal - someone give me the quick version of the story.

It seems like the BLM didn't maintain grazing land so the Hammonds started controlled fires to clean it up but then got charged with arson, right?
What steps did the Hammonds take to get BLM involved in cleaning up the land before going the way of the match?
How did the Bundy family get involved?
Why are the people holed up in a remote wildlife refuge building in the sticks of eastern Oregon? What exactly is their goal?

They were charged under anti-terrorism laws for the burn. Original judge knew it was b.s. and gave them a sentence that was less than the minimum. Fedgov appealed and won apparently, so now they are sending them back to prison to do the rest of the time they feel they should of been sentenced to originally. Thats my understanding.

Total bs. How'd you like being sentenced, doing your time, and then they say it wasnt enough you have to go back and do some more?[angry]

So how will the standoff end?

Peacefully, albeit with hard feelings and maybe some arrests. The fact they aren't focusing at all on the fact these two ranchers already served their sentence years ago, and th fundamental wrong of resent ending years later, demonstrates they are there to serve their own ends - which I think is fair to say is drawing the .gov into confrontation. They (.gov) aren't going to give them exactly what they want. There won't be a Waco or Ruby Ridge, no matter how hard this 'militia' tries to instigate it. They're Occupy Wall Street in camo and Copenhagen instead of tie dye and patchouli - at first glance, they seem to have a grievance that could garner support (remember when OWS was ostensibly about getting big business out of politics?) but upon a little thought and reasoning, you see they're really about their own causes.

The opposition, or more fairly, lack of support from the locals and the Hammonds is not insignificant here. Ask yourself what that means, and why that may be. Ask yourself why they aren't focused on the free fencing issue. Hell, even if they DID set those fires out of malice or to cover something up - they were tried, convicted, and served their sentence. Read tending them years afterwards is fundamentally wrong. But that's not their rally cry, is it?

Want to know how the government works in such situations? Read about Sue the dinosaur. I'd love to know how many judges and politicians were paid off or received special treatment along the way. There is also a movie on Netflix about it.

Back
Top Bottom