• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oregon drivers stopped at gunpoint by groups protecting wildfire ravaged properties from looters: sheriff

How do you know the armed people are legit and not just guarding their buddies who are looting the area? Its not like there's any legitimate credentials that these 'militias' display. You're just supposed to take their word for it because...? AR in hand, so must be legit??

How do you know the armed people are legit and not just guarding their buddies who are looting the area? Its not like there's any legitimate credentials that these 'militias' display. You're just supposed to take their word for it because...? AR in hand, so must be legit??
If they don't kill you they are legit/sarcasm How do you know your neighbor with a gun is law abiding and not just buying guns so he can shoot you?

If they don't kill you they are legit/sarcasm How do you know your neighbor with a gun is law abiding and not just buying guns so he can shoot you?

You don't, that's my point.

You don't know they are your neighbors at all. In my eyes, they are not legit if they don't have valid credentials of some sort or I personally know them. They're just random armed potential criminal who is stopping me with no authority whatsoever.

I agree that in a normal world this would be outrages. But in today’s world especially in a burned out town or neighborhood where people are driving around just to rubberneck and take a look at the poor burned out people, I 100% percent agree with the homeowners in the area taking it upon themselves to patrol. You don’t want to be stopped, like others have said, keep out of the exclusion zone stay home mind your own.

You don't know they are your neighbors at all. In my eyes, they are not legit if they don't have valid credentials of some sort or I personally know them. They're just random armed potential criminal who is stopping me with no authority whatsoever.
How about a drivers license or other identification that shows their address in the neighborhood that they’re in?

How about a drivers license or other identification that shows their address in the neighborhood that they’re in?

That'd be a start, but what authority do they have to be stopping people on the public street? That could be family members or friends coming to help a victim. And they have no responsibility to answer any questions from random armed guy trying to stop them on the street.

That so called authority is currently under review with a new set of sheriffs in town. New rules - dont be visiting other peoples neighborhoods. Look after your own

I thought we were pro self help here? Form meat world militias to protect ourselves and community. Now Americans are doing just that, not in defiance to the gov't but in the absence of gov't and people here have a problem with that. Yes things could go wrong, maybe, but it is the lesser evil. It is pretty easy to shake out who is antifa and who is someone's blue haired college kid coming home to help.

Seriously, how are you going to feel being stopped by a groups of armed men with no authority to do such. Are you going to stop? Are you going to let them search you vehicle to make sure you are not an arsonist? This is BS!! Protecting private property is one thing. Setting up illegal check points is quite another.
In a normal situation, I would 100% agree with you. Like if this happened in Waltham, MA, I would call BS.

But look at the situation these people are in:
- Protests for months.
- politicians and the courts protect the protesters.
- the popo is doing nothing.
- people are lighting fires and looking for trouble.
- the neighborhood is evacuated and random people are driving around. Why??? Is the neighborhood on the way to the local mall? Where are the cops? Who is watching out for these people?

Maybe they shouldn't be stopping people, but I can't completely blame them for being on edge.

Last edited:
Where are the cops?

We already saw the left/Antifa do this over the summer in the "summer of love/CHAZ zone", and they had what 2-3 murders and several shootings. I agree with most here that I wouldn't want to be stopped from traveling anywhere I please, but I get why and understand the thinking.

This is the very essence of a Militia and what most who here would do especially if law eneforcement could not be their to do it.

"Well, your Honor, I was traveling down this public road, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I saw this small group of heavily armed men harassing people. I was in fear for my life, so, to protect myself and my fellow law abiding travelers, I started shooting them in the face".
Case dismissed.

Why would anybody with more than 2 brain cells be headed TO fire,granted to help family but I've not kept up on all of what's going on in Oregon so if your in the path of the fires you probably have been told get out. I'm on the fence about the militia stopping people,but something inside of me would love to hear about looters getting themselves trapped in the ensueing inferno desperately calling for help.
Sister in law is in/near Eugene my wife has been talking to her but I don''t know all the details wife in a nursing home while I heal up from hernia surgery. Wife will be home in a week or less I check in with SIL for details on her situation.

The only reason this is an "issue" is because .gov leaches are afraid of people wiping their own ass, pretty soon they may realize that they don't really need over bloated bureaucracy that costs 1000x for what it does.

The "public" road is a commie construct designed to f*** with your freedom loving mind. Unless it's interstate, the town people own the damned road and look after it. It belongs to people who pay taxes and live there. If they have a question about some shady dude with out of state plates, they damn right can and will stop your ass and if you don't like it, take another "public" road.

Also, please stop with this legal faggotry. In the last year it's proven itself broken beyond repair. When supreme court starts looking into 2a cases and upholding constitution, we may talk, but for now legal constructs boil down to who has power and organization to make them real. Remember, we just cherry pick which laws we follow and which we don't, works for .gov well enough.

The only reason this is an "issue" is because .gov leaches are afraid of people wiping their own ass, pretty soon they may realize that they don't really need over bloated bureaucracy that costs 1000x for what it does.

The "public" road is a commie construct designed to f*** with your freedom loving mind. Unless it's interstate, the town people own the damned road and look after it. It belongs to people who pay taxes and live there. If they have a question about some shady dude with out of state plates, they damn right can and will stop your ass and if you don't like it, take another "public" road.

Also, please stop with this legal faggotry. In the last year it's proven itself broken beyond repair. When supreme court starts looking into 2a cases and upholding constitution, we may talk, but for now legal constructs boil down to who has power and organization to make them real. Remember, we just cherry pick which laws we follow and which we don't, works for .gov well enough.

Scathing.

Seems not great. Hypothetical: I’m driving back to an evacuated area to retrieve or secure my property and a stranger stops my vehicle and points a weapon at me. My reaction might very well be to use my superior firepower and marksmanship (/s) to offer them a three-piece lead nugget meal in and around the vitals.

What then? Murder charges for me because they’re legit? Or do I walk because someone put me in immediate fear for my health/life? Or does the court/public try to Kyle me with the “he shouldn’t have been there” nonsense?

Self defense law in 2020. Much clarity, very assurance.

Seems not great. Hypothetical: I’m driving back to an evacuated area to retrieve or secure my property and a stranger stops my vehicle and points a weapon at me. My reaction might very well be to use my superior firepower and marksmanship (/s) to offer them a three-piece lead nugget meal in and around the vitals.

What then? Murder charges for me because they’re legit? Or do I walk because someone put me in immediate fear for my health/life? Or does the court/public try to Kyle me with the “he shouldn’t have been there” nonsense?

I'd be real careful pulling a gun on a roadblock, because there could be another couple of dudes looking at your freckles through high powered scope from bushes up the hill.

As Boris said if they are doing roadblocks 'right' you wouldn't have a chance. Why do I get the feeling the anti-people protecting their communities with militias people are libertardians? Muh freedom.

Are the the police, actually “legit”? They have badges and credentials and get paid, yet we’ve seen them abdicate when it comes to violent crime and instead target victims. We do know they are often just protecting their buddies.

So what is your point? I see little difference between the two, except I’ve yet to read any article where someone not a cop or state actor had arrested and harmed an innocent victim.

I see little difference between the two, except I’ve yet to read any article where someone not a cop or state actor had arrested and harmed an innocent victim.
The difference is: when asked "where am I going?" "what am I doing here?" "where did I come from?" my answer would have "officer" at the end of "none of your effing business". Protecting your community does not give you the right to block a public way and harass travelers who by way of a public way have the right to be there. You want to protect your community, confine it to the borders of your land.

The difference is: when asked "where am I going?" "what am I doing here?" "where did I come from?" my answer would have "officer" at the end of "none of your effing business". Protecting your community does not give you the right to block a public way and harass travelers who by way of a public way have the right to be there. You want to protect your community, confine it to the borders of your land.

that only works on local cops who are not in the mood to kick your ass. Try that shit with Capitol police, SS or military base of importance (the shit that actually matters, not peasant business) and they'll extraordinarily rendition your ass to gitmo where you are going to tell them everything they already know and no one will be held responsible for non stop consecutive anal cavity search.

Constitution is dead, the sooner you realize that, the sooner we can get to the business of reviving it.

What you are talking about is civilization with law and order.

What is actually happening in a lot of these locations is nothing like that.

The standard rules go out the window when cops stop responding and shit is literally burning to the ground around you.

What you are talking about is civilization with law and order.

What is actually happening in a lot of these locations is nothing like that.

The standard rules go out the window when cops stop responding and shit is literally burning to the ground around you.

So we agree the rules are out the window? I'm starting to feel like the rules are out the window.

So we agree the rules are out the window? I'm starting to feel like the rules are out the window.
Nope. Rules are out the window for certain people. You, me, and the other head cases on this board still have rules to abide to. No antifa-no cookies.

let's say I'm really really rich, like dupont rich, and I wanna buy a headline, 'antifa raids the boston federal reserve', how much you think that would cost? $2k in meth from the onion patch, $10k for a snack truck, some bus tickets, $100k doesn't seem like a low number and we could buy any headline we want.

We can just grab our guns, go full retard, and supply the media with a headline. Costs just the ammo. Oh, wait, 100K might just be a bargain.

Up at camp we had a small tightly knit community. We'd run armed patrols and knew who lived there and who didnt. Outsiders were easy to spot and discouraged. Signs posted "Private community." And "Armed neighborhood watch" posted at the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom