Oregon Democrats Push Gun Bans, Higher Concealed Carry Permit Fees

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
dff1fc_assault-rifles-semi-automatic-weapons-banned-in-new-zealand-effect-week-640x441.jpg

By AWR Hawkins

Oregon Democrats are pursuing bans on “untraceable” guns and an increase in the fees associated with obtaining a concealed carry handgun permit.

Ceasefire Oregon called its supporters to rally at the Capitol for gun control on Tuesday and listed the gun controls currently under consideration. Those controls include passing laws to allow retailers not to sell guns to anyone under 21 years of age, “reporting lost and stolen firearms to crack down on gun traffickers…reporting firearm injury data to Oregon Health Authority for research into firearm injury prevention,” and allowing local governments to “regulate guns in public buildings.” The last control would allow public schools to bar concealed carry for self-defense on their campuses.

Read Full story here: Oregon Democrats Push Gun Bans, Higher Concealed Carry Permit Fees

“reporting lost and stolen firearms to crack down on gun traffickers…reporting firearm injury data to Oregon Health Authority for research into firearm injury prevention,” these are actually great ideas lol far from the infringing regulations the rest of their recent proposals stipulate.

Those are terrible ideas. Ever seen a group of government health officials use data to support gun ownership?

okay. okay. so some of this is bad and some of this is cool? just the collection of data that threatens you? not the other half of my comment? i kind of cant help but laugh at the idea of "what do you mean report gun injuries to health boards!?"

“reporting lost and stolen firearms to crack down on gun traffickers…reporting firearm injury data to Oregon Health Authority for research into firearm injury prevention,” these are actually great ideas lol far from the infringing regulations the rest of their recent proposals stipulate.

Not sure if serious, all of that "guns as a health problem" stuff is always anti gun bullshit. Public Health officials = biggest anti gun moonbats on the planet

It looks like Moonbat migration from California is becoming a huge problem in some of those other states out there.....

okay. okay. so some of this is bad and some of this is cool? just the collection of data that threatens you? not the other half of my comment? i kind of cant help but laugh at the idea of "what do you mean report gun injuries to health boards!?"

Are you 12? Because never has a government wanted to gather data on something it wants to protect as a freedom.

Hypothetical. If I shoot myself, why does the government need to know that or have data about my personal medical records?

Hypothetical. If I shoot myself, why does the government need to know that or have data about my personal medical records?[/QUOTE]

cute little story: when i was enlisted and living in Portsmouth, i was called back to the shipyard to cover someone's weekend duty. come to find out a shipmate of mine and his friend were checking out his friends gun collection. we lived in a very quiet condo cul-de-sac. these guys got around to checking out a 10mm pistol and it was accidentally discharged. the guy who fired the gun received a very pretty slide bite and the round penetrated his neighbors apartment and was found embedded in the wall of their toddler daughter's room.
do you think this was an incident that should be recorded to appropriate agencies if those agencies were in place?

Hypothetical. If I shoot myself, why does the government need to know that or have data about my personal medical records?

cute little story: when i was enlisted and living in Portsmouth, i was called back to the shipyard to cover someone's weekend duty. come to find out a shipmate of mine and his friend were checking out his friends gun collection. we lived in a very quiet condo cul-de-sac. these guys got around to checking out a 10mm pistol and it was accidentally discharged. the guy who fired the gun received a very pretty slide bite and the round penetrated his neighbors apartment and was found embedded in the wall of their toddler daughter's room.
do you think this was an incident that should be recorded to appropriate agencies if those agencies were in place?
Wow, straw man extraordinaire. Shooting within x feet of a home / shooting into a neighbor's home / negligent discharge are crimes that will be reported to law enforcement.

The issue of reporting to "public health" authorities for "injury prevention research" is completely separate from that and is solely designed to assist with providing a statistical pretense for gun control.

@Jazz7186

Today is these laws, tomorrow is more and soon they end up like MA or CA.

That's why more gun laws are bad.

If you dont understand that, then you should pay more attention.

Back
Top Bottom