Oregon continues the descent into madness.

So when I go to the range and buy 100 rounds of uber-expensive "range ammo" and the weather turns bad at shot 20, do I have to dump the other 80 rounds in the dud bucket, get a refund, or do they go home with me?
No, they sell you 20 at a time. This situation never happens.

Besides who needs more than 20 rounds. /sarc

The truth is what they eventually want to do is ban everything except single shot muzzle loaders. 5 rounds this time knowing that 5 round magazines DO NOT EXIST for semiautomatic pistols means a ban on all semiautomatic pistols.
5 round mags exist for some rifles but not many.
SInce CA got away with mandating technology that does not exist, they figure they can get away with this too.

I have a number of 5 round rifle magazines in case I ever went some place or did an activity with a 5 round limit. Though I only looked and found ones specific for my own firearms, if ever such a law passes, I'm sure manufactures or entrepreneurs would fill the gap. The ones I do have are for an AR15, AKM, FAL-FN and oddly enough 5 round M1 Garand clips. 2 and 1 round clips can be had also.

The ones I do have are for an AR15, AKM, FAL-FN and oddly enough 5 round M1 Garand clips. 2 and 1 round clips can be had also.
Isn't a 2 round enbloc just a 5 round turned over?

The truth is what they eventually want to do is ban everything except single shot muzzle loaders. 5 rounds this time knowing that 5 round magazines DO NOT EXIST for semiautomatic pistols means a ban on all semiautomatic pistols.
5 round mags exist for some rifles but not many.
SInce CA got away with mandating technology that does not exist, they figure they can get away with this too.

I have a number of 5 round rifle magazines in case I ever went some place or did an activity with a 5 round limit. Though I only looked and found ones specific for my own firearms, if ever such a law passes, I'm sure manufactures or entrepreneurs would fill the gap. The ones I do have are for an AR15, AKM, FAL-FN and oddly enough 5 round M1 Garand clips. 2 and 1 round clips can be had also.

This would ban most revolvers and would outright ban the M1 Garand since I do not believe you can modify the internal mag to permanently accept only 5 rounds. (Also, Lee Enfield would be banned). The bill doesn't contain language regarding clips, only magazines. The only way to stop an M1 from accepting an 8 round clip is to put a block in, which in not sure even exist and furthermore per the bill you have to permanently alter the gun.

Here is the bill:

(1) As used in this section:
(a) “Detachable” means that an ammunition feeding device can be loaded or unloaded while detached from a firearm and readily inserted into a firearm.
(b) “Fixed” means that an ammunition feeding device is contained in or permanently attached to a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.
(c) “Large-capacity magazine” means an ammunition feeding device, whether fixed or detachable, with the capacity to accept more than five rounds of ammunition, but does not include any of the following:
(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of holding more than five rounds of ammunition;
(B) A 0.22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device; or
(C) A tubular ammunition feeding device that is contained in a lever-action firearm.​
(2) Except as provided in this section, a person may not possess a large-capacity magazine at any time after 180 days after the effective date of this 2019 Act.
(3) Prior to the 180th day following the effective date of this 2019 Act, a person in possession of a large-capacity magazine shall take one of the following actions with respect to each magazine:
(a) Permanently alter the magazine so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of holding more than five rounds of ammunition;
(b) Transfer or sell the magazine to a gun dealer out of state;
(c) Otherwise remove the magazine from the state;
(d) Transfer the magazine to a law enforcement agency; or (e) Permanently dispose of the magazine.​

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501/Introduced

I grow tired of this incremental BS. Part of me wonders when politicians will face actual consequences for this shit (use your imagination).

I grow tired of this incremental BS. Part of me wonders when politicians will face actual consequences for this shit (use your imagination).

A few politicians in Colorado got removed from office in recall elections following the magazine ban there.

This would ban most revolvers and would outright ban the M1 Garand since I do not believe you can modify the internal mag to permanently accept only 5 rounds. (Also, Lee Enfield would be banned). The bill doesn't contain language regarding clips, only magazines. The only way to stop an M1 from accepting an 8 round clip is to put a block in, which in not sure even exist and furthermore per the bill you have to permanently alter the gun.

I wasn't commenting on the bill, I actually didn't read it, but on the posters magazine availability of 5 rounders. I also wasn't stating to modify an M1 but that there are clips available for it that hold only 5 rounds.

I wasn't commenting on the bill, I actually didn't read it, but on the posters magazine availability of 5 rounders. I also wasn't stating to modify an M1 but that there are clips available for it that hold only 5 rounds.
Without an enbloc you can't load rounds into an M1, it's unique in this way, that the "clip" is required for the feeding device to work. And as you said, you can get 5 round enblocs. So if all you had was 5 round enblocs, just like having nothing but 5 round mags, you'd be ok... with this BS stupid bill.

While it's nice that they're encouraging the youths to participate, they need to remind the kids that they are, indeed, KIDS, and that any law the propose still needs to pass Constitutional muster.

This collection of "gee wouldn't it be great if...?" request are just a colossal waste of time for every one involved. It will not get out of committee, never mind voted on or passed as law.

Get everyone riled up about nothing.

Back
Top Bottom