• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oregon continues the descent into madness.

What is troubling is the requirement that you surrender, sell, or permanently modify any magazines over 5 rounds, with a $6250 fine and 364 days in jail for each violation.

What does the ammo limit claim to accomplish? Crazed gunmen can still save up their ammo for a spree, meanwhile the good guys don’t get to train and become proficient.

Methinks you’re onto something. It’s almost as if gun laws are targeting the good guys?

What does the ammo limit claim to accomplish? Crazed gunmen can still save up their ammo for a spree, meanwhile the good guys don’t get to train and become proficient.

The 20-round limit doesn't apply to range ammo. [laugh]

(4) This section does not apply to ammunition purchased and used at a target shooting range.

Oregon needs a Col. Barrett's Farm to store up powder and weapons...

iu

iu

iu

The-SHot-Heard-Around-the-World.jpg

Last edited:
In all honesty, I hope it passes. The crazier these nit wits make these laws the better chance there is of them being challenged and making their way to the supreme court and getting smacked down. Every lib state wants to one up each other and at some point the supreme court will have to take a case. I think they are fine to pass on "assault weapons" bans and 10 rd mag restrictions but eventually a state is going to push it too far, and it seems that day is coming sooner rather than later.

Requires person who owns or possesses firearm to report to law enforcement agency loss or theft of firearm within 24 hours.
Punishes failure to report loss or theft by maximum of 30 days’ imprisonment, $1,250 fine, or both.

Get robbed, go to jail.
You get more time than the youth who robbed your house.

Last edited:
The 20-round limit doesn't apply to range ammo. [laugh]
(4) This section does not apply to ammunition purchased and used at a target shooting range.
Buying all your ammo at the range is a pricy way to go, and you can expect the prices to go up since you can't go elsewhere. And last time I checked there weren't many clubs selling ammo.

Buying all your ammo at the range is a pricy way to go, and you can expect the prices to go up since you can't go elsewhere. And last time I checked there weren't many clubs selling ammo.

One more of many other reasons why the Ortegon bill should not pass.

I'm going to open an ammo store in northern Nevada with a drive through window if this passes. Who's in?

I'm going to open an ammo store in northern Nevada with a drive through window if this passes. Who's in?
As long as it has: Beer, ammo, tobacco, firearms and Excedrin.
I'm in!

Keep in mind that only a small percentage of bills introduced is ever enacted. This was also filed on behalf of 'Student's for Change'. It's nothing more than a publicity stunt. [yawn] Democrats have a supermajority in Oregon, but that won't be enough. There are still a LOT of gun owners in the state.

Could it be? Ah yes, all the urbanites escaping policies they voted for in California come to Oregon and vote in the same policies and politicians.
Both sponsors of the bill are native Oregonians.

Ridiculous...cancer from CA is spreading to OR, which is a beautiful place for outdoor sports...libtards in the major cities, like Portland trying to destroy America.

Perhaps some of you remember Barney Fife?

586297-0316z[5].jpg

In all honesty, I hope it passes. The crazier these nit wits make these laws the better chance there is of them being challenged and making their way to the supreme court and getting smacked down. Every lib state wants to one up each other and at some point the supreme court will have to take a case. I think they are fine to pass on "assault weapons" bans and 10 rd mag restrictions but eventually a state is going to push it too far, and it seems that day is coming sooner rather than later.
The truth is what they eventually want to do is ban everything except single shot muzzle loaders. 5 rounds this time knowing that 5 round magazines DO NOT EXIST for semiautomatic pistols means a ban on all semiautomatic pistols.
5 round mags exist for some rifles but not many.
SInce CA got away with mandating technology that does not exist, they figure they can get away with this too.

But requires ammo for range use be purchased at the range, not from the lower cost providers like Walmart or Freedom Munitions. Bet that triples the cost of range ammo since they will no longer have competition. I'm sure ranges love this law.

So when I go to the range and buy 100 rounds of uber-expensive "range ammo" and the weather turns bad at shot 20, do I have to dump the other 80 rounds in the dud bucket, get a refund, or do they go home with me?

Back
Top Bottom