Oregon: BLM Protestors Move Into the Burbs Demanding White Residents Take A Side

Thirwell1216

NES Member
I know the Riot mega thread is a great one, but this I think takes things to a new level. I think this is getting us to the point of neighbors collectively saying go away with some persuasion:

Some Protests Against Police Brutality Take a More Confrontational Approach
The protests are moving into white residential neighborhoods, where activists demand that people choose a side.

13tactics-1-superJumbo-v2.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. — Terrance Moses was watching protesters against police brutality march down his quiet residential street one recent evening when some in the group of a few hundred suddenly stopped and started yelling.
Mr. Moses was initially not sure what the protesters were upset about, but as he got closer, he saw it: His neighbors had an American flag on display.
“It went from a peaceful march, calling out the names, to all of a sudden, bang, ‘How dare you fly the American flag?’” said Mr. Moses, who is Black and runs a nonprofit group in the Portland, Ore., area. “They said take it down. They wouldn’t leave. They said they’re going to come back and burn the house down.”
Mr. Moses and others blocked the demonstrators and told them to leave.
“We don’t go around terrorizing folks to try and force them to do something they don’t want to do,” said Mr. Moses, whose nonprofit group provides support for local homeless people. “I’m a veteran. I’m for these liberties.”
Nearly four months after the killing of George Floyd by the Minneapolis police, some protesters against police brutality are taking a more confrontational — and personal — approach. The marches in Portland are increasingly moving to residential and largely white neighborhoods, where demonstrators with bullhorns shout for people to come “out of your house and into the street” and demonstrate their support.These more aggressive protests target ordinary people going about their lives, especially those who decline to demonstrate allegiance to the cause. That includes a diner in Washington who refused to raise her fist to show support for Black Lives Matter, or, in several cities, confused drivers who happened upon the protests.

But the tactics are dividing supporters of Black Lives Matter, with some worried that the confrontational approach will antagonize people who would be otherwise be receptive to the message, or play into conservatives’ critique of the protests, which have been largely nonviolent nationally.Others, frustrated that little has changed since Mr. Floyd was killed, say that sitting idly and watching a protest without participating nowadays is to show tacit support for racism.

“We don’t need allies anymore,” said Stephen Green, an investor and entrepreneur in Portland who is Black. “We need accomplices.”

“We don’t go around terrorizing folks to try and force them to do something they don’t want to do,” Terrance Moses said at his Portland home.Credit...Mason Trinca for The New York Times
In Rochester, N.Y., protesters have confronted people at outdoor restaurants, shaking dinner tables. Marchers in Washington also accosted people eating outside, urging everyone to raise their fists to show their allegiance to the movement.
The more personal tactics echo those being used against elected officials, with activists showing up not only outside mayor’s offices but their homes as well. The apartment building where the mayor of Portland lives has been vandalized. Protesters lit fires outside, ignited fireworks and broke into one of the businesses in the building on his birthday. In San Jose, Calif., demonstrators graffitied and egged the mayor’s house and lit an American flag in front of it, according to the police. In Rochester, people have recently posted police officers’ home addresses and information about their families, according to a police spokeswoman.
In Portland, Jessie Burke, who is white and owns a coffee shop in the city, said the message of the movement was getting lost as the protests escalate and target ordinary residents in their homes.
“Everyone was looking for solutions at first, but now it’s just a nightly fight that has gotten progressively more violent — and every neighborhood worries that the fight will come to their neighborhood,” Mr. Burke said. “It’s: ‘Wake up, wake up, you need to be in the street protesting if you stand for this.’”
Still, Mr. Green argued that the tactics were working, even as they inconvenienced him and his family. He described the smell of tear gas and wail of sirens as the marches came to his neighborhood, which he said kept his 7-year-old daughter awake.
“It’s one thing if you can see something on TV, but if you can hear it and you can smell it in your house, that brings it home,” said Mr. Green, who grew up in Portland. “We need people willing to say, ‘I’m down to lose this friend because stuff needs to change. I’m down to make my neighbor uncomfortable.’ Being nice wasn’t changing anything.”

Lindsey E. Murphy agreed. She marched with the protesters through one of Portland’s wealthiest neighborhoods on a recent night and found it deeply moving. She watched white demonstrators shouting at white residents that Black lives matter — and the residents joining in with the chant.
“The crowd was — I won’t even say mostly white — I’ll say it was an almost exclusively white crowd marching through the whitest neighborhood in Portland shouting ‘Black lives matter’ and ‘Black lives are magic,’” said Ms. Murphy, who is Black and hosts an educational children’s YouTube series. “What I was witnessing was a lamenting prayer, a cry of remorse and shame among the white people. That’s what I saw. It was healing.”
The American flag that generated controversy is displayed in Kenton, a neighborhood of Portland with small bungalows, lush front gardens and ripe fruit trees. Weeks after the confrontation, the husband and wife who fly the flag said they were fearful of retaliation from the roving protesters, who had found their phone number.
But they say they will not be intimidated into removing the flag.
“I will not take my flag down,” said the husband, who declined to provide his name in a brief interview.
The same night the protesters came to the couple’s door last month, they marched into Kenton’s commercial district and used restaurant picnic tables as fuel for fires. They collected the colorful wooden dividers the neighbors had recently built for outdoor dining and set those ablaze as well. Mr. Moses and others in the community ran into the protests with fire extinguishers.
Protesters that night broke into the Portland Police Association building and set it on fire. A man was later seen scrubbing the sidewalk graffiti — a popular message was “PPB = KKK,” meaning that the Portland Police Bureau is the Ku Klux Klan.
Mr. Green said that he opposed the destruction of property, but that he also understood it. And he believes, generally, that the more direct protest tactics in residential areas are working because they make the movement more personal, and reveal who truly supports change. If someone is against the movement, they keep their lights off or refuse to raise their fist, he said, adding that taking the debate into homes and to families is essential.

No one appeared to be at the city center protest. But around 200 people were at the other event.
They gathered in an unlit park in a residential neighborhood around 8 p.m. Everyone wore black, including some protesters who had on body armor and motorcycle helmets. They hastily set up picnic tables and supply booths in the dark, using cellphones for light to showcase their goods. There was a food table overflowing with protein bars and Monster energy drinks.
A small free literature selection was set up on the grass and overseen by three people in ski masks. It was a popular offering, and people crowded around, craning to see the pamphlets.
Titles included “Why Break Windows”; “I Want To Kill Cops Until I’m Dead”; “Piece Now, Peace Later: An Anarchist Introduction to Firearms”; “In Defense of Smashing Cameras”; and “Three-Way Fight: Revolutionary Anti-Fascism and Armed Self Defense.”

The energy was something like a carnival in the dark.
“Paint balloons, get your paint balloons,” someone barked.
But around 9:30, the group was in some organizational chaos. They had decided that the neighborhood close by was too racially diverse for them to protest in. They needed to go somewhere whiter.
So the protesters caravaned 20 minutes away to Alberta, a more affluent neighborhood that began being gentrified in the 1990s. They reassembled and marched through the streets.
Neighbors in impressive Craftsman-style homes pulled down their shades and turned off their lights, though many could be seen peering out of dark windows. One woman stepped out of an expansive home looking angry; upon seeing the crowd, she quickly retreated indoors. A few young couples stood in their doorways. A Black woman driving past honked and cheered.
One white man stepped onto his patio clapping and hollering in support of the passing march. The group called for him to join. He smiled and waved them on, still clapping. They began to chant that he was spineless. He looked worried. But the march moved along, and he went back into his house.
“You’ll never sleep tight, we do this every night,” the protesters chanted.

Last edited:
The rioters should have been mowed down like grass.

Dealing with these turds just requires a little creativity. My thought is a dozen guys with chainsaws followed by a chase vehicle pulling a wood chipper.

Of course I'm still voting for him as he's our only hope, but I'm extremely disappointed with Trump's lack of response to these problems. Some NES-hole is going to post a knee-jerk 'State's rights / state's problem' but this issue is NATIONWIDE and spreading. The hives need to be torched before the vermin continue to swarm and create new ones. It's well past the time to take firm action that will return our country to safety and order. A big F-U in advance to any 'tards compelled to post 'Statists gonna state'. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Dealing with these turds just requires a little creativity. My thought is a dozen guys with chainsaws followed by a chase vehicle pulling a wood chipper.

Of course I'm still voting for him as he's our only hope, but I'm extremely disappointed with Trump's lack of response to these problems. Some NES-hole is going to post a knee-jerk 'State's rights / state's problem' but this issue is NATIONWIDE and spreading. The hives need to be torched before the vermin continue to swarm and create new ones. It's well past the time to take firm action that will return our country to safety and order. A big F-U in advance to any 'tards compelled to post 'Statists gonna state'. [rolleyes]
But it is working for Trump. Stupid lefties are generating fear, but that fear is not working to their advantage. Bet a 22 rifle fired with the muzzle inside the window on the second floor of that tan house would be undetectable by the crowd. One shot to a riot leader's leg IDF style.

Well if they want to escalate the level of force, going into the suburbs will get it done.
I bet dollars to donuts that people and law enforcement these protesters will encounter in the suburbs will pull that trigger much quicker than in the city.
In a city it is generally acceptable to walk by some homes within a few feet of the door on the sidewalk, in the suburbs if someone gets withjn 50 feet it is 'oddly close'.
Go ahead BLM piss off white women.

What are we defining as suburbs here? I imagine it could change a lot depending on city. A lot of forests and wetlands around here that I'd consider "suburbs"

man this is so crazy that this is where we are. I will never take my flag down for anyone. These pissant’s have another thing coming by f***ing with quiet rural communities. Stay in your lane.

side note, I know a handful of my neighbors as I’ve lived in my home for 30 years, but are any of you actively trying to be on the same page with your neighbors to see how they feel if this type of thing happens in our neck of the woods? I’d say 7/10 houses in my neighborhood fly the flag proudly. But I’m just curious who would conform to this rhetoric?

I don't understand, the crazies that shoot up innocent people in schools, country music concerts etc etc. Why isn't this obviously "go time" for them with the hoards of BLM protesters. They could probably even get away with it in the chaos.

It is a National problem and I'd like to see em treated as Domestic Terrorists and dealt with as such.

I think that would be a perfect time to some of the yard work I've procrastinated doing. Damn tree branches and shrubs need to be cut down and trimmed. Because I'm a little short, I use a pole chain saw and combined with the regular Stihl chain saw for the heavy thick stuff, those branches and shrubs don't stand a chance.

Love the chainsaws, be the chainsaws, embrace the chainsaw.

Because of the Chinese Virus crap, maybe I should mask up with say, a hockey mask? Not original, but safety first.

I bet many of these suburban homes have alarm systems with "Test Siren" modes. Time for residents to conduct coordinated testing of their own?

Some Protests Against Police Brutality Take a More Confrontational Approach
The protests are moving into white residential neighborhoods, where activists demand that people choose a side.
. . .
I will not take my flag down,” said the husband, who declined to provide his name in a brief interview.
. . .
Mr. Green said that he opposed the destruction of property, but that he also understood it. And he believes, generally, that the more direct protest tactics in residential areas are working because they make the movement more personal, and reveal who truly supports change. If someone is against the movement, they keep their lights off or refuse to raise their fist, he said, adding that taking the debate into homes and to families is essential.
These "White Silence == Violence" tactics will not end well for anybody.

Love the chainsaws, be the chainsaws, embrace the chainsaw.
Because of the Chinese Virus crap, maybe I should mask up with say, a hockey mask? Not original, but safety first.
Or a more modern classic...

Last edited:
What are we defining as suburbs here? I imagine it could change a lot depending on city. A lot of forests and wetlands around here that I'd consider "suburbs"
Likely the largest towns withe neighborhoods near the large cities.

Bring that shit to neighborhoods with 3 acre lots and 400 foot driveways and they will get a different response.

Although it would certainly be nice for a large neighborhood to gather together and beat the shit out of these marxist thugs. But we dont have that level of neighborhood unity anymore.

I don't understand, the crazies that shoot up innocent people in schools, country music concerts etc etc. Why isn't this obviously "go time" for them with the hoards of BLM protesters. They could probably even get away with it in the chaos.
Because the crazies that shoot up schools are MKultra windup toys directed by the same people behind the riots. Interesting side note the Columbine shooters both had Ghislaine Maxwell's sister as their therapist. Nothing to see here. Move along.

side note, I know a handful of my neighbors as I’ve lived in my home for 30 years, but are any of you actively trying to be on the same page with your neighbors to see how they feel if this type of thing happens in our neck of the woods? I’d say 7/10 houses in my neighborhood fly the flag proudly. But I’m just curious who would conform to this rhetoric?
Hope your neighbor isn't this guy: "One white man stepped onto his patio clapping and hollering in support of the passing march. The group called for him to join. He smiled and waved them on, still clapping."

They're so deranged they've already shown they're not afraid of that. They tried to beat up a kid with a rifle, and got hosed for it. The only way you can induce fear is to start killing them.

Because the press value isn't as good. School shooters are mentally ill attention whores. Violence in the middle of a riot has a lower memetic value than turning toddlers into a pile of alpo chunks, and attention whores don't like that. They could shoot 100 protesters and Trump is still going to get the blame/attention from MSM, that works against the mindset of the typical incel shool shooter nutbag archetype.

Hope your neighbor isn't this guy: "One white man stepped onto his patio clapping and hollering in support of the passing march. The group called for him to join. He smiled and waved them on, still clapping."
That's like something Eaton Rapids Joe would write (seconds before his protagonist squeezes the clacker).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom