Oregon Bakery Forced to Close the Doors

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
The OR bakery that refused to make a cake for a lesbian wedding has been forced out of business. This is only the start. It's going to get a LOT worse. The last sentence of the article is sooo true. For those who say that queers can live any way they want to, well, the way they want to live is forcing their perversion on your and you children.

Family bakery closes after left-wing bullies finally get their pound of cake
Todd Starnes
By Todd Starnes Published September 30, 2016 FoxNews.com

In 2013 a small family bakery in Northwestern Oregon refused to make a cake for a lesbian wedding.

The owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had no idea that their decision to follow the teachings of their Christian faith would lead to a multi-year legal battle. It’s a battle still being waged.

Aaron and Melissa Klein were eventually punished by the state of Oregon. -- The couple was fined $135,000 dollars for refusing to participate in the lesbian wedding event.

It was the price they had to pay for refusing to violate their conscience.

They also made the painful decision to close their beloved bakery – for good.

The left-wing bigots and bullies finally got their pound of cake.

The Kleins made the announcement on the now-shuttered shop’s Facebook page.

“The Kleins closed their business months ago and simply now updated their page to reflect that,” said Hiram Sasser, an attorney for First Liberty Institute.

First Liberty is one of the nation’s most prestigious law firms handling religious liberty cases.

“We are continuing our appeal and look forward to achieving justice for them and all people of faith who may find themselves in similar circumstances in the future,” Sasser told me.

To be clear, Aaron and Melissa Klein did not go looking to engage in a fight with the LGBT community. The fight came to them and to their business.

Since that day more than three years ago, the Kleins have faced unrelenting attacks from the LGBT community. Their business was boycotted. They were bullied. Their children received death threats.

The Kleins were literally run out of business by an anti-Christian mob.

It's hard to believe that something like this could happen in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

Dean

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so the message is you either agree with the LGBT crowd or you are dead wrong...Nice set of ideals from a community looking for "equal" rights (ie. the special privilege brigade)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
so the message is you either agree with the LGBT crowd or you are dead wrong...Nice set of ideals from a community looking for "equal" rights (ie. the special privilege brigade)
This is what happens when people believe that everything should be settled by government force instead of just using boycotts/protests. :(

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
I'm waiting for the counter-suit that they file against those that bullied them and sent death threats to their kids. That crosses a line that means the gloves are OFF.

The initial suit against them is without grounds. Pathetic that they were penalized at all, never mind for over $100k.

I think we're going to start seeing (if it's not already out there) signs in doors to the effect of "we reserve the right to refuse service" everywhere. Especially the small shops that don't have a huge corporation behind them.

I suspect that if the family was to move to a more conservative, and less full of libtards, area that they could open a new bakery and have a thriving business. They should be able to run a business without fear of some douchbag couple ruining their lives.

badshot101

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Everyone on NES always talks about boycotting any restaurant, etc that doesn't allow carrying into the stores. Are you saying that is wrong?

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
Everyone on NES always talks about boycotting any restaurant, etc that doesn't allow carrying into the stores. Are you saying that is wrong?
NES isn't suing that restaurant, etc. and driving them out of business. We're just expressing displeasure via our wallets/budgets. Or, we're going "concealed is concealed" and giving them the figurative monty when there.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Using religion to deny someone a cake is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Especially when there are laws explicitly stating that businesses open to the public can't discriminate.

Also, in before someone makes a comment about not coming between two women and their cake.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The same outcome would have happened if they refused service to a black or Muslim couple. Today you cannot put your believes ahead of your business or you will get spanked, like it or not.

EJFudd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Using religion to deny someone a cake is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
That is not what happened. Read about the case. The cake itself was never a problem. Attending (participating in) the homosexual wedding was their religious objection issue... although the government in their infinite wisdom said it was the same thing. [thinking]

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You you can have your Kate, and Edith too!

Using religion to deny someone a cake is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Especially when there are laws explicitly stating that businesses open to the public can't discriminate.

Also, in before someone makes a comment about not coming between two women and their cake.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Funny how a business can't refuse service to a customer based on the owners religious beliefs, but employees can refuse to do their job without penalties based on their religious beliefs.

Example: muslim truck drivers refusing to deliver loads containing alcohol or pork.

HiCap

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm really getting sick of the gay agenda. I don't care if your gay or straight, don't force your views on others.

jpm

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
substitute 'black' or 'asian' or 'Jewish' or even 'mixed race' or 'gun owner' or 'republican' for lesbian and see if that changes your opinion. Discrimination is discrimination.

Bro

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Funny how a business can't refuse service to a customer based on the owners religious beliefs, but employees can refuse to do their job without penalties based on their religious beliefs.

Example: muslim truck drivers refusing to deliver loads containing alcohol or pork.
Circumstances got nothing to do with it. Swap the religions in the two scenarios and you have different outcomes in both.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Government getting involved is my issue. If they want to refuse service, then feel free to bash the hell out of them and let everyone know.

Let the public decide whether or not they stay in business with their wallet.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Government getting involved is my issue. If they want to refuse service, then feel free to bash the hell out of them and let everyone know.

Let the public decide whether or not they stay in business with their wallet.
Exactly. Getting the government involved is functionally equivalent to holding a gun to their head. They get fined by the government. Don't pay the fine? Government will seize the business. Refuse to leave? Cops will come. Then what happens if you still resist?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
substitute 'black' or 'asian' or 'Jewish' or even 'mixed race' or 'gun owner' or 'republican' for lesbian and see if that changes your opinion.
Let's see:
https://pjmedia.com/blog/a-guy-walked-into-a-muslim-bakery-and-ordered-a-gay-wedding-cake/ Personally I have no problem with these bakeries declining. What pisses me off is if they were Christians than the government would be all over them, but because these bakers are a protected class they get different treatment.

Discrimination is discrimination.
Um no. Government discrimination is one thing. Personal freedom of religious belief and practice is quite another,

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
We reserve the right to refuse business to anyone. They should have just said. Sorry, but we are too busy too meet that deadline.
This. Why'd the bakery have to turn this into a big religious-butthurt issue? Simply shrug, smile, and tell them you're slammed that month and then refer them to another bakery; everyone is happier that way. The couple gets their cake, the bakery stays in business, and shrill Christians on the internet keep their blood pressure down. Win-win-win.

I don't like others foisting their views on the rest of us, whether those views are about race or sexuality... or religion.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That has been the accepted message for racial equality for years now. LGBT is looking for the same level of equality, in which even religious belief is not considered an acceptable justification for unapproved thought.

Top Bottom