• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ordinary citizens can't defend themselves with a gun very well.

My favorite "proof" was the video where they give one student in a college classroom a gun, and an unannounced BG bursts into the room and immediately targets the guy with the ccw out of like 25-40 people... Shot him "dead" immediately, proving that carrying will not save your life.

[rolleyes]

sounds like a perfect example of why police should be prohibited from carring weapons... if he didnt have time for the police standard of an extenive 4 hrs of training to kick in, they should just make it a gun free zone instead ;)

[rofl]

What police officers? Where?

Shows you how much they don't know. At least half the people here have 1000x more firearm training then your average police officer. Who the **** are they trying to kid. [rolleyes]

Exactly my thoughts, extensive training isn't a few mags per year at a static target during qualifications.

Also, not all cops even like guns or are pro 2A, so they are not a student of the gun as many private owners are who invest their own time & money.

Here is an idea take a similar scenario, but through in half a dozen of the average shooters from here, I am not talking the top performers then lets throw a "gunman in there with only CoD for weapon expertise like most of these mass shooters seem to be and see how long he last

I have never had the opportunity to be able to use a simulator, so I don't know how I would fair. With that being said my understanding is these are shoot/don't shoot scenarios. The person has to draw and make a decision. So if the person made a wrong decision they fail.

In the real world, the fact an ordinary person has a gun may cause the "perp" to run and I doubt that is accounted for in this study. I have been told by a person that actually had this type of simulator training, that almost everyone fails the first time or two.

I think depending on the scenarios, this study was probably flawed from the beginning.

As a scientist the "experiment" they are claiming to have conducted would make Einstein turn in his grave.

I read it this way:
"We had people (cops) who have trained with firearms on a specific simulator countless times, and compared them with bums off the street who have never shot, let alone held a firearm. These bums can't shoot as well as the cops. Can we send this this to the New England Journal of Medicine? Our science is bulletproof!"

Back
Top Bottom