• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Optic

i'm a fan of eotech EXPS-2 and -3 series. however the green laser will consume batteries considerably faster. I would stick with the red laser. if you decide to pair a magnifier to it I would suggest the G33 as one can purchase them as a combo unit for pretty good deal. grabagun has excellent prices on eotechs. the aimpoint PRO is probably overall higher quality. i had one eotech unit completely de-laminate. from my aimpoints i have had zero issues. however i find the reticle and magnification properties of the eotech so far superior to an aimpoint that i'm willing to accept the inferior battery life. for someone like my wife an aimpoint PRO is 100x better. leave it on. put the red dot on target. simple simple.

Had a chance to mess around with an EXPS 2 today. My previous experience with eotechs was a long time ago. The thing was bigger and much heavier than I expected and while I liked the reticle layout I couldn’t believe how fuzzy it was. Is that my shitty eyes or do they look like that for everyone?

Had a chance to mess around with an EXPS 2 today. My previous experience with eotechs was a long time ago. The thing was bigger and much heavier than I expected and while I liked the reticle layout I couldn’t believe how fuzzy it was. Is that my shitty eyes or do they look like that for everyone?

If you have an astigmatism, then it’s you.

I don’t. Not that I know of anyway. Don’t have the problem with red dots either.

This pic is the closest I could find to what the ring looked like, though the dots (an EXPS 2-2) were clearer and distinct enough:

9224E227-6B9C-4329-BFE4-4FC992F382F9.jpeg

Weird. I’ll have to take a look at my EXPS-3 when I’m closer to it. Mine has a little “bloom” because of my eyes, but nothing like that. At least I don’t remember it being like that. How old is that one? Battery Age?

it will look "pixelated" so to speak. this is the nature of a laser based reticle rather than LED. however it's irrelevant because once the user brings focal plane to target (not the reticle) then will not notice the difference. basically, don't look at the reticle. i no longer even notice this.

The reticle of my EXPS 3 looks real crispy through my nods. To the point that I dont like using lasers that much anymore.

That picture might be a little exaggerated I guess but it’s close to what I’m seeing. I tried taking a picture but cant make my phone focus on the reticle. Reading online it sounds like it’s normal for it not to look like a smooth ring.

It’s a new unit in any event - ordered from grabagun, cancelled order because I accidentally ordered the two dot reticle, rec’d credit back from them yet it showed up anyway. It’s headed back but at least I got a chance to handle it before re-ordering the other.

Anyone ever use one of these Hensoldt RSAs, which is their version of the more common Zeiss Z-Point? Solar, auto brightness adjustment, integrated mount, lighter than a T1 with a mount, looks right on HK guns... my only real complaint is that you can see the wire running to the dot under some lighting conditions, which is the result of them putting it on the back lens to project onto the front lens or some shit.

1579315814170.jpeg

Last edited:

The eotech will def look fuzzy when just looking at it. But when it’s mounted on a rifle with bolth eyes open concentrating on your target the reticle clears up big time. When I first started looking into eotech that was the big thing how fuzzy it was. Like I said once the optic is mounted and you learn how to use it the proper way the reticle clears up.

Back
Top Bottom