• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Optic mount for a GSG-522

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I have a GSG-522 that I'm thinking of installing a inexpensive red dot onto. Looking at picatinny rail options they seem to be claw types and fairly cheap looking. For those that have a GSG with a rail which one did you use/install? It's a fun little plinker, but not something I'm going to spend a ton of money on, but something that will be sturdy and can secure an optic.

Thanks

My friend tried a few different mounts. He ended buying the gsg factory mount. In his words...it's a POS but it at least stays on.

My friend tried a few different mounts. He ended buying the gsg factory mount. In his words...it's a POS but it at least stays on.

I originally had that on my GSG5, but believe it or not, I ended up going with one from some airsoft manufacturer that was actually better than the GSG one.

Any chance you know what manufacturer that was?

I have no idea. There isn't even any markings on it.

Google around for GSG/ATI forums. There are all kinds of little, neat tips and info out there on improvements, mods, etc.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/41_GSG_5.html

It's not uncommon (or blasphemous), too use Airsoft stuff on'em (ATI began as an Airsoft manufacturer).

You can tinker with it, and unlike a 10/22, you can't be seduced into putting 3x the original cost of the rifle into improvements. [wink]

I love mine (2nd generation),... it's a fun, inexpensive gun that just so happens to be cool looking.

Last edited:
I originally had that on my GSG5, but believe it or not, I ended up going with one from some airsoft manufacturer that was actually better than the GSG one.

I called him to see if he still had the package for a part number....he said no. I asked him what red dot he was using.....IDK some 20$ pos from wal mart , think BSA or center point.
I shot it a few times over the summer. Don't think I missed the 1/4 scale farm animal steel targets much

I picked up a cheap chinese red dot at Wilmington a few years back.UTG/Leapers I think. Actually works pretty well on my GSG522SD. Amazon has a bunch under $50

Back
Top Bottom