Optic for ar?

Magnifier with a red dot is still insanely cheaper than a proper LPVO and still kicks ass sub 300-400 yards. I'd rather build a longer rifle and put a LPVO on that.

Last edited:
i do understand that magnifiers exist for a reason, but, that reason of pairing it on a dot escapes me. you essentially do a 3x on the 3moa dot. it is not a BDC reticle, just a dot.
what distance you need that 3x for and what is it going to accomplish? the 3x prism with a BDC reticle, or a 1x prism with a magnifier - sure.

what good will a magnifier do with a red dot?
With a flip to the side mount, you can choose weather to use the magnifier or flip it out of the way and use just the red dot. For up close in a self defense type situation, a 1x red dot with both eyes open is fastest.

I don’t need glasses, but my vision is not perfect.
I can focus the magnifier for clarity at distance.
I find the magnifier useful for anything that requires precision.

I have a Larue quick detach mount that allows me to swap the magnifier between my personal rifle and my work rifle behind 2 different red dots, because the red dot sight is what’s zeroed, not the magnifier.

I have the bushnell mro copy. It a good rdo with a good size picture.
It does star burst a bit with my stigmatism.
But i also have the bushnell 3x magnifier paired with it. And for some reason, it cleans up the starburat really well.

Although, i did just purchase my first real optic as well today for my first true AR 5.56 build.
Im going to have to find somewhere to stretch its legs when done

Back
Top Bottom