~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - SIG Academy Photos Added ~

Operation Specific Training is pleased to announce our June 2015 Practical Fundamentals class at SIG SAUER Academy in Epping, N.H.

Instructors*:
Jerry Jones
Bruce Gray

Practical Fundamentals

This two-day program teaches the techniques and philosophy of what we believe a shooter needs to improve to their full potential. This is not a beginning handgun course. Students should have completed a basic safety/CCW class prior to attempting this course. Practical Fundamentals may be repeated several times to further one's understanding of the concepts involved.

Course Objectives
  • Controlling the trigger, with all platforms and trigger types, to achieve an accurate shot
  • Acquiring proper sight alignment, on a target, and allowing the shot to happen
  • Recoil management and making accurate follow-up shots
  • Efficient grip, presentation of the gun and shooting stance
  • Finding your personal sphere of dexterity
  • Reloading your platform efficiently and reliably
  • Transitioning between targets without wasted movement and placing accurate shots
  • Make a shot that will stun you with the ability you have acquired
When: June 3 & 4, 2015, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. This is a Wednesday and Thursday.

Where:
SIG SAUER Academy
233 Exeter Road
Epping, NH 03042

Class size: Limited to 24 students. (16 slots have been filled as of April 27.)

Prerequisite
An open mind and a willingness to learn. Students should have completed a basic safety/CCW class prior to attempting this course.

Tuition: $450
Tuition includes free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Academy. This includes the P320 and any other P-series pistol.

Ammunition: Round count will be approximately 1000 rounds
The Academy website mentions frangible ammunition may be required. This is NOT the case for this class, as we'll be shooting at an outdoor range both days.

Registration and other Links

Questions concerning payments or registration should be routed through Kathleen Randolph at the Academy. She can be reached at (603) 610-3411.

Questions concerning the program can be directed to OpSpec Training through our online form, or here in the thread.

Where to Stay
Please check with SIG SAUER Academy for a list of hotels offering discounts to students. I'll update this thread when I am provided with a current list.

Food at Lunch Breaks
There is a collection of fast food restaurants (Subway, Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King) about 2.5 miles (5 minutes) to the west near the intersection of Route 125 and Route 101. Of course, you can also bring your own food to the range. We'll also set up a class dinner on Wednesday night at Telly's Restaurant & Pizzeria on Route 125, again about 5 minutes from the Academy.

* Instructors listed for specific programs have committed to teach the class on those dates. Although we do not anticipate changes, travel delays, family emergencies or illness may result in instructor substitutions.

Last edited:
Currently the Academy is listing we have seven of 16 slots remaining. We are trying to increase the number of students we can have in this class, but it depends on range availability.

We currently have one slot (of 16 total) remaining in this class. We are working with the Academy to see if we can add more space.

Thanks to all 20 students who attended our Practical Fundamentals class at the Academy!

Selected comments and photos from the class at SIG SAUER Academy...

Overall I was very satisfied with the bang for my buck with this class. I've taken this training for my own preparations if needed but also to pass onto my two kids. So to have the proper and useful information to hand down to them is invaluable and time well spent. Thanks to all of you.

I have shot handguns and rifles most of my life but with no formal training. This class gave me just what I needed. Safe handling, and basic fundamental training that with practice, I believe that I can achieve the level of shooting proficiency that I am looking for.

...the instructors were obviously very invested in passing on what they had developed, and I was quite impressed with their ability to communicate the techniques they were teaching. Many instructors focus on the end goals of training, hitting the target; Bruce, Jerry and Doug were much more focused on how the students should be interacting with the pistol and that can be very difficult to explain. Considering how much my shooting improved, they did an excellent job.

I was very happy with the class and instructors. I liked how they gave me feed back on my shooting. Telling me things I could do to improve my shots and form. I feel I really got a lot out of this class. Great job guys!

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-032.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-037.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-042.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-047.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-051.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-060.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-068.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-088.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-105.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-127.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-135.jpg

practical-fundamentals-opspec-20150603-149.jpg