• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OPINIONS on pistol for wife

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
My wife just recieved her LTC A no restrictions last thursday, I had bought her as A suprise A S&W 642 and the new GSG 5 she loved them both, I know she really wants A semi auto though, we went to cabelas (CONN) and she showed me all the pistols she liked but they were all non MA COMP. Besides the classifides on this site, is there A FFL that has alot of pre ban pistols?

You live in Webster MA and are asking about gunstores? You are literally surrounded by them! PM me if you want specifics but I'll be hitting them all today including the two IN Webster as well as the Brookfields and Uxbrige. [smile]

If you want her to carry and shoot the pistol she carries with confidance, bring her to as many gun shops as it takes and let HER pick them up and hold them in HER hands and rack the slides by HER self.

She'll figure out pretty quick what she likes and does not like.

Smallish pistols are "cute" but pretty difficult for a new shooter to shoot accurately. A young lady friend of mine was "deadly" with my full Size Gold Cup, but could not hit the side of a barn with my Officer's Model.

Be prepared to buy several different pistols before she finds one that feels good in her hands and she can hit with.

I messed up on the topic for this thread. I meant places.
Who thinks you cannot buy semi auto handguns in MA? I was just asking about an FFL that has A good selection of pre ban pistols. As for the two down the road from me (BOB's)&(SPARKY's), there selection is pretty good, but the ones my wife picked out at cabelas were all non MA compliant. I will probably take your advice and make A day for us to check out as many gunstores as we can.

A young lady friend of mine was "deadly" with my full Size Gold Cup,

It's hard not to hit with a Gold Cup.

That said, you really need to take her to a store and let her try guns until she finds one that fits her. Try an M&P with the smallest palmswell.

I Love all my handguns, but the semi that is the best by far is a Sig P230. Great carry piece, handles very well, and cycles faster than any handgun I have ever shot. Pricey, yes. $475.00 for an excellent condition. But, you could stake your life on it. jp
There was nothinig said about not being able to Buy A semi auto, I clearly said non MA compliant. You ask for opinions and you get bashed. I apologize for the people that picked on you in school. I appreciate the advice

There was nothinig said about not being able to Buy A semi auto, I clearly said non MA compliant. You ask for opinions and you get bashed. I apologize for the people that picked on you in school. I appreciate the advice

You said nothing "clearly." Her is the relevant portion of your initial post:

I know she really wants A semi auto though, we went to cabelas (CONN) and she showed me all the pistols she liked but they were all non MA COMP. Besides the classifides on this site, is there A FFL that has alot of pre ban pistols?

And "[t]here was nothinig said" which constituted your being "bashed."

Sorry you failed English composition in school.

Listen to those suggesting you actually let your wife select her own gun. Actually reading the AFR would help focus the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom