• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

opinions on a .308 gas piston AR

Last edited:
Just ordered a TM-10 lower...devided to build. After i did i just saw a dpms lower for only 30 bucks more. Anyone have any opinions on which one i should get?

The problem with the 308 game is that it's all so new. Every few weeks it seems there are more and more out there for these rifles. I bought the LR308 (DPMS) from a friend who bought a complete rifle instead of building, I am happy enough with it since it is the original pattern for the LR308/SR25 platform and am pretty confident it will fit when I order parts for it. I would do a google search and see if there are any reviews on the other forums.

No experience with it, but keep us updated. AR10s are pretty cool, although the mag issues for MA are a major downside (for me at least). I'd love to an Larue, but if I had the cash and lived in a different state I'd probably just have a SCAR

I handled a SCAR17 in a shop, I was shocked at how light it was. I think I would want one if it took the "standard" LR308 mags.

thanks for the help anyway. I went with the DPMS...figured it's a bigger name and easier to have problems corrected if there ever is any. The mag issue does suck but i figured i'd try and see if i could make an old FAL mag fit somehow

Disclaimer: I have no experience with any 308 AR's other than my own. I do, however, have experience with AR15s, so I am not completely clueless.

I really like my DPMS LRT-SASS. You can pick one up for not much more than that rifle you priced out on their site. Its a solid rifle (though quite heavy).

I have a lr308 with 24" barrel your more than welcome to give it a try. I love mine and will never give it up.

That would be awesome! Where do you shoot? I go to the manchester firing line at least once a month. I liked the 24 inch barrel but recently reading up i found a few articles that said that for a .308, an 18 inch to a 20 inch barrel was more accurate then a 24 so for my dpms build i think i'm going with a 18.5 inch stainless steel Fulton Armory criterion match barrel.

Back
Top Bottom