Opinions on 4 Clubs Near Tewksbury MA

DonP

NES Member
New green member of NES considering joining an area Gun Club. They are Tewksbury Rod & Gun, Andover Sportsman Club, Billerica Rod & Gun and Mass Rifle Assoc in Woburn. I am new to all of this and would welcome any opinions about these four, pros and cons. Thanks in advance. [grin]

Last edited:
I live in Tewksbury and won't join Tewksbury lol.
I don't like there rules . I shoot with a friend at mass rifle a lot nice club . Fudds rules with what you can have in your mags.

Woburn is an all around great club for the area. Archery both inside and out plus a new raised archery platform, Trap, Black Powder, 200 yrd Outdoor Rifle, 50 ft indoor Pistol, 50 yard outdoor Pistol. The ranges are always open when I want and the facilities are very nice. Located right off Rt3 in Bedford/Billerica. The main draw back are some of the rules with defensive pistol shooting: No drawing from a holster, no rapid fire, 10 rounds limits in mags. For me, location and facilities won out over the cons. I walked in not knowing anybody or much of anything about shooting, but have made a number of friendship at the club and now I'm active in the club organization. The only other club I'd consider joining would be Harvard for the defensive pistol stuff, but I would definately keep Woburn membership due to its facilities and ease of access. PM me if you'd like a tour or any other info.

If you're a new shooter just getting into the sports, join a club close to you. You want to shoot lots to get acquainted with firearms and improve your shooting. Good luck!

I'm a member of Woburn Sportsmen's Assoc. too..as Mike pointed out it has a lot to offer. We have a great bunch of people that are always willing to help out new shooters... but as Mike also pointed out, if you're into defensive shooting then I too would check out Harvard.

Back
Top Bottom