• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions needed - a Ghost Glock PRO 3.3 GEN 1-5 connector

paul73

NES Member
Hi,

do not kick me way too hard, as i do know myself i am asking for it :) it is only an experiment.

the topic here is just to talk over this little thing:

there are some other versions of similar design connectors there, i know - but - i really want to discuss this particular one, as it seems to be a minimal deviation from the stock form.

So, the overall idea is - you do reduce the protruding part until the trigger starts working again. once it starts to drop - you stop.
So, i really want to question those who actually DO have this done and got to use it for a while - what do you think/feel, pverall, about it?

i feel that a reduced movement of the trigger is partially beneficial for double taps and rapid fire, sure, but, it had lost the crispness of the release and a new trigger feeling is just - odd. different.
i only had about of 100 rounds with it so far, and still remain undecided.

the other part i am not sure of - how much of the metal was supposed to be reduced. there was a stage in the process where trigger would press into the limiter but not releasing until you would squeeze the trigger harder. it felt initially like a good, sort of, idea, but - i quickly realized that if you tilt the gun or in any way touch the slide - trigger drops on its own. which is pretty crazy unsafe, as it promotes you to develop a habit of having trigger pressed into a perception of the wall that is not the wall at all. so, taking off next 2 micon of so of metal made it work what i think is an expected way.

so, anyway, is there anybody here who actually uses that contraption in, preferably, newer Gen5 guns?
1611243953773.png

i've tried it, not in a 5 but 3's and 4's. i don't think it works as well as they want you to believe as a stand alone. but in conjunction with changing the springs, ghost connector is an important contribution in obtaining the wanted results.

Going to piggy back this.

I've had one of these for years for my education, started putting the work in, and then abandoned the project due to similar safety concerns.

I'm not sure if the concerns are legitimate or due to a lack of knowledge (like people saying they're afraid of carrying with a round in the chamber would have).

i've tried it, not in a 5 but 3's and 4's. i don't think it works as well as they want you to believe as a stand alone. but in conjunction with changing the springs ,ghost connector is an important contribution.
i have their usual 3.3 and a factory '-' ones - those are fine. this one is a different deal. did you try this specific one?

Going to piggy back this.

I've had one of these for years for my education, started putting the work in, and then abandoned the project due to similar safety concerns.
I'm not sure if the concerns are legitimate or due to a lack of knowledge (like people saying they're afraid of carrying with a round in the chamber would have).
i just took off more metal, so now it rolls over without getting 'stuck' at the edge that requires an extra trigger squeeze.
it still reduces the trigger travel considerably - which was one of their goals. but, as of getting on the safety, initial tavel - not much.
i use a reduced tension spring on the safety on a competition G34 - that feels ok.

but the connector - hmm.

I would be willing to give this a try on a compettion gun. I'm talking pure "toy" gun. I would not use it in a Glock that I might depend on one day.

I fitted one of these to a Glock a few years ago. I filed it until the striker was just released. Then there was no overtravel. It was nice.

In the end I got rid of it because every other glock I owned had a stock "-" connector. That's what I know. That's what I carry. So that's what I'll shoot in competition.

The "-" connector, combined with a nice fluff and buff and a reduced power striker spring is all you need for a competition gun. I'm using a 2.5# striker spring these days in combination with soft Federal primers and my trigger is great. (stock striker spring is 5.5#)

Same here about’-‘ connector- but I ordered 4 different ghosts to try and going over them slowly.
a basic 3.3 was just like a ‘-‘ but indeed measured 3.5#, I probably will settle with it.
New feel of limited travel still messes me up.

Tried Ghost connectors in a few Glocks. Had issues with intermittent no resets. Stick with the factory Glock minus “-“ connector and polish up the factory trigger bar. I have an Overwatch Precision trigger with the NP3 plated trigger bar and NP3 plated Glock minus connector and like it very much.

As noted by @dcmdon, The Feature discussed here is to produce a trigger with minimal overtravel. it will also shorten reset distance. serves no purpose for defensive pistol. It is a useful if you’re playing shooting game and you’re on a clock. That being said ghost connectors are excellent and probably the only aftermarket glock component I would trust. I believe there are agencies/units that allow them in duty pistols. 99% of the time issues in a Glock its not due to the connector but rather other dicked up parts, trigger bar, springs, etc. The factory minus connector is also an option. Trigger bar is an example of something I would never muck with.

Last edited:
so, after some drills yesterday in the action pit i have removed this connector from my g34. it is too inconsistent, and it resulted is some shots going way off as it required more pressure, etc.
it may be was due to a cold day, or may be i need to take off more metal from it, but, i did find that it was not helpful at all, at least for me.
a $40 experiment that did not work out. if anybody wants it - i can mail it to try out, as i am not going to use it.

Back
Top Bottom