Open Slots for 2016 NER IDPA Championship, Aug 20-21

A few slots have opened up for the 2016 New England Regional (NER) IPDA Championship. Registration is at matchreg.com. The match fee is $120.

This Tier IV sanctioned match will take place August 19-21, 2016 at the Harvard Sportsmen's Club in Harvard, MA. Staff will shoot on Friday the 19th, and competitors will shoot on either Saturday the 20th or Sunday the 21st. The match is a full-day format featuring 14 stages (12 outdoor and 2 indoor), and will include low or no-light components. The planned round count is 225 rounds. Additional match information is available on the registration website and at metrowesttactical.com.

We could also use a few more staff members to help run the match. Staff shoots Friday and then works the match on Saturday & Sunday. No match fee if you work the match. Please send me a PM if you would like to help.

I volunteered to work the match, but haven't heard anything from anyone. Have there been any emails that go out to staff? [email protected]

I have you on the list. I haven't sent any e-mails specifically to staff yet. You should be getting one from Mike Critser in the next few days (general match info being sent to all staff & competitors). I'm working on pit assignments, we're ordering staff shirts, etc. I'll probably send the first staff-specific e-mail in the next week or so. Thanks for volunteering!

Can spectators watch? Is there a fee for spectators?

No fee to view, and spectators are welcome on any outdoor range. Bring eye & ear protection. If there are staff members taking a break and aren't actively running shooters, feel free to introduce yourself and ask questions. Typically competitors are also happy to answer questions, but since this is a major, sanctioned match, the competitors may be trying to get more "in the zone" than they would at a regular monthly match.

Thanks for letting us know about the open slots! Could you please help answer a couple of questions, if it's not too much trouble? Since my schedule only allows me to participate the match on Sunday, is there a way to indicate the situation while on waiting list so I don't waste everyone's time? Also, should I wait till I make the squad before I send in the payment? Thank you in advance for your help, it'll be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know about the open slots! Could you please help answer a couple of questions, if it's not too much trouble? Since my schedule only allows me to participate the match on Sunday, is there a way to indicate the situation while on waiting list so I don't waste everyone's time? Also, should I wait till I make the squad before I send in the payment? Thank you in advance for your help, it'll be greatly appreciated!

When you register, if your first name were Bob, add your first name as "Bob [Sunday Only]." That way when Mike looks at the list, he'll know only to contact you if there is a Sunday opening.

Don't pay until you get confirmation from Mike that there is a slot for you. He'll provide you with payment instructions.

I believe that a couple of Saturday spots will be filled from the waitlist soon, but it looks like the Sunday spots are currently full. But there is still about 2 months before the match, and things change, so don't get discouraged yet.

Back
Top Bottom