• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open letter to NYC mayor Bloomberg

I love the JPFO folks. Good stuff and they are not afraid to tell it how it is.

i feel sorry for this guy. he lives in NEW JERSEY and works in NY CITY. the two worse places for gun owners in the country.

I only wish the NRA was as pro gun as the JPFO

The NRA could beat the hell out of all the antis....but then they would be out of jobs and lobby power. Let's not kid ourselves thinking the nra is doing everything they can do....they are not, they are doing the bare minimum to keep us on the edge of our seats and reaching for our checkbooks....

The NRA could beat the hell out of all the antis....but then they would be out of jobs and lobby power. Let's not kid ourselves thinking the nra is doing everything they can do....they are not, they are doing the bare minimum to keep us on the edge of our seats and reaching for our checkbooks....

the NRA is one of the few groups that actually have a reasonable amount of clout.........if they come one too strong, they will promptly be labeled "radical extremists" and be promptly ignored......

it is far better to win a thousand little battles than loose the war.........if they went in full storm demanding that every state do away with licensing and what not....there is no way in hell they would win that.........

I know exactly what you are saying but at least I can walk into any gun store in NJ and buy any manufacturers handgun I want.

no you cant. you can only buy NJ legal guns, which is probably about 10% of the guns you could get here in MA. and MA gun laws suck.

the only thing i hate about the NRA is how they waste money sending me all those stupid letters all the time. I renew my membership and 3 months later, i start getting letters to renew again, and then i keep getting them every 2 weeks.
I only renew my membership every year because they are big and without them we would probably be in a worse place. But if GOAL was as big as the NRA and i had to chose between GOAL and the NRA, i would chose GOAL.

Last edited:
Thread drift:

Let's go back a few years: It's the Clinton administration and they have demonized all guns and gun owners. With the help of the then mainstream press, 'gun control advocates' are on the march. Polls show that a majority want 'gun control' and they're going to get it. In comes the 'first step' assault weapons ban/magagzine ban as 'common sense gun control' and now talk of banning all 'semi-automatics' (second step). Money (our money) and leadership from the NRA (among others) result in the defeat of the democrats in '94. But the dems aren't giving up, and with the press, they press on. In comes George Bush, and for all his faults, don't forget this: He was responsible for allowing the pro-gun house and senate to let the assault weapons bill sunset. Bush could've stopped it in a minute if he'd wanted to - believe it. The momentum from this victory has kept the gun control crowd reeling. The war is a long way from over but ask yourself this: If the NRA (and everyone acknowledges they are the leader in this fight) was not extremely effective, what do you think the state of our 2nd amendment right would be under the Obama administration today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom