• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

open carry on your own property ?

I like to mow my lawn with my .357 686 in a shoulder holster I only own an acre. But ill be damned if I cant open carry on my own property.

I like to mow my lawn with my .357 686 in a shoulder holster I only own an acre. But ill be damned if I cant open carry on my own property.

I open carry and mow occasionally too
and like i said earlier. Sometimes i like to go shirtless. That's no reason to go gunless. Many reasons to open carry. When i go to NH to buy party accessories I HAVE to
Try it people. If you get I'll donate to your defense fund

I occasionally OC on my property but mostly CC since it's how I carry about 99% of the time. If I'm out for a quick walk/jog around the the block I like to OC to prevent the holster or hammer from digging into my hip.

Bad guy sees armed individual and decides his crime isn't even worth it. Not every criminal is willing to murder or be killed for their crime.

Boy, that was easy.

I can't say I have personally every seen that. Do you know of it actually happening? If so please tell me where I can read about it, as I would love to know more about those incidents. Conversely, I know of armed security guards and police that have been confronted and their guns taken away at gunpoint by criminals. I do know of times when people open carried and their visible gun made it easy for a group of hoodlums to know where their gun was, secure/take away the weapon and then rob them of their money and their gun and give the victim a severe beating.

Dave

I can't say I have personally every seen that. Do you know of it actually happening? If so please tell me where I can read about it, as I would love to know more about those incidents.

How exactly would I or anyone know of an example where a crime didn't happen when that was the original intention? Are you suggesting that no criminal has ever been deterred by an armed presence or that I'm a mind reader?

Conversely, I know of armed security guards and police that have been confronted and their guns taken away at gunpoint by criminals.

Yes, being armed isn't a solution to everything. This is called the real world, were bad stuff happens, to armed and unarmed alike. Unless ALL armed security and police are confronted and have their guns taken at gunpoint, you have no argument.

I do know of times when people open carried and their visible gun made it easy for a group of hoodlums to know where their gun was, secure/take away the weapon and then rob them of their money and their gun and give the victim a severe beating.

Dave

Are you now implying that only people visibly armed are attacked and robbed? If you are conceal carrying, it is so people don't know you are armed. I'm pretty sure I can point to way more examples of people being attacked and robbed who are not visibly armed than people who are open carrying. What's your point?

But I digress. You said you "can not come up with one good one why anyone would want to display a gun". I named one. I neither advocate for or against open or concealed carry. Carry as you wish. There are reasons and situation for both. There are reasons and situations where I would definitely not carry a certain way but would carry another. It is pretty simple minded to discount one method entirely and suggest there is never a reason....

original.jpg

I would call this "ironic" or "backwards" If I was the cop, I'd arrest the woman. Actually this is how my in-laws reacted the first time I let them see the inside of my gun safe. My wife still gets full-auto and semi-auto backwards. She votes pure democrat across the board, so I have to vote pure republican across the board so we at least cancel out.

Very public frontage. and yes anti on all sides

You must have the thinnest 11 acre lot around if you cant comfortably carry on the side of your property. Or you are on a field with antis looking out their windows with binoculars.

But as Rob said both are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfectly legal to OC on your own property. You may alarm the sheeple, but if the police show up they'd be hard pressed to come up with a charge...

They don't need a charge. They just need to mention it to their COP and maybe during your renewal that COP decides that you really only need target and hunting.

I wouldn't do it unless my property was private or secluded. I just moved out of a red city and (believe it or not) had a "protection" restriction, allowing me to carry concealed. That said, I can pretty much guarantee I would have lost it if even one neighbor made a call or a patrol caught sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cartoon isn't realistic at all. Shame on you for posting it. I mean there would be atleast 7 police officers and cruisers and possibly a tank for good measure. [wink]

You're right, but even you forgot to mention the dog being shot for officer safety.[wink]

If you have 11 acres of land and you're concerned about open carrying on it you live in MA. [wink]

Seriously, if it's your land what's the issue? I'd open carry my Sig 556 or, for you degenerates an AR-15. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom