• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OPEN CARRY on Private Property.

B-9

In Mass, can you open carry on private property ?

With permission of course. Or if it is your own property.

And if not (expected), do Hunters had a special exemption if armed with the proper firearm, with the proper Hunting License, and during the proper Season ?

Do legal Shooting Ranges have a special exception as well ?

If it is an Indoor Range, can I open carry from the parking lot ?

There is no law in MA banning or allowing Open Carry of pistols. This I am certain.
However... For hunting you can carry the gun uncased and unloaded, from vehicle to the grounds you are going to hunt on, iirc.

You can open carry in MA (edit from earlier, thought I had deleted IIRC). I walk the 200 yds. or so down the street to one of my clubs with no issue. One time I was talking with an LEO that was parked in the club lot and he had seen me walking to the sign-up board. He just asked what I was carrying (doubt that will be the experience in more urban areas). I wouldn't be surprised if some towns try to limit open carry, especially with today's anti environment. Long guns I generally have in a rolling case and keep unloaded until I get to the range.

Last edited:
Not a slight on the OP's question but it's really disturbing that these questions even have to be asked. The 2A is the 2A - I know the lefty, progressive, commies don't like it but it is the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution - like it or not! To the anti 2A crowd - what part of "Shall not be Infringed" is confusing to you???

Not a slight on the OP's question but it's really disturbing that these questions even have to be asked. The 2A is the 2A - I know the lefty, progressive, commies don't like it but it is the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution - like it or not! To the anti 2A crowd - what part of "Shall not be Infringed" is confusing to you???

If the worthless drooling hag has a stroke and dies - SOON - the SCOTUS will be ready for action.

The 2nd A is non-existent in MA, as all levels of the Mass Marsupial Courts have ruled.

The truly sad thing is that those that teach the BFS courses essentially teach nothing about Mass gun laws, which is the entire purpose for the state to require said courses.

Back
Top Bottom