• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open Carry in NH, the Horror... (at least for TPM)

NES open carry BBQ, coming soon to Southern NH. May have to open up a new thread.

and I'll miss it, as the best stuff always happens on the weekends.

goddamn it.

on the upside of my shitty schedule, I cram a 40 hour work week into 2.5 days each week... so 4.5 off each week aint bad. just never on the weekends.

When? I need to plan the pig... I spoke with Sean.

We have a 145lb live piggy. That's 60lbs of pork.

We do need to do this soon as anything later than two weeks means we have ALLOT more pig as he's gaining a lb a day.

Last edited:
When? I need to plan the pig... I spoke with Sean.

We have a 145lb live piggy. That's 60lbs of pork.

We do need to do this soon as anything later than two weeks means we have ALLOT more pig as he's gaining a lb a day.

If you're open to suggestions I once did a pig like this:

Dig a hole about 4 feet deep, 4 feet wide and 6 feet long
Start a bonfire in said hole.
Throw some roundish potato sized rocks in the hole.
Allow the fire to burn until just embers or until the stones turn ashy white.

Prepare the pig:
remove eyeballs and innards.
Stuff whatever you like in the pic (wrapped in foil)
Potatos, corn, stuffing etc.

When the rocks inside the pit turn white pick them up carefully and place them inside the pig along with the rest of your stuffing.

Close the pig up and then wrap the entire pig with a burlap sack or canvas.
Soak the entire pig or brush on a marinade. You can wrap multiple layers of canvas on for more marinade.

Throw the pig into the pit and cover with dirt

Let stand for 6-8 hours.

Dig up the pit and serve the pig.

If you hold onto a hoof and shake, all the meat will slide off the bone.

Another suggestion on a pig roast that I've done. (underground grill)

Dig a hole and make a grill that will span the entirety of the hole.
Dig a secondary hole in the ground that provides air to the primary hole.

Treat it like a normal grill.

You an control the size of the fire by placing a fan on the secondary hole, or covering up part of it to decrease the oxygen going to the fire.

Cover up the hole as needed so your wives don't find out.

You can skip underground pits by just slowly roasting the pig with smoldering coals. You have a fire pit on one side, the grill on the other and you move hot coals from the fire side to the grill side. It should cook in 6-8 hours. Just as good as pit and you dont risk pulling up a half cooked pig if you do it wrong. With two pigs you can do one each way and at least you know you have the grilled one to rely on until you get your skills up on the pit cooking.

Not to detract from the pig-roast (sounds delicious), but...

wrt the oc gent at the town meeting. He was moved back to 1000' due to the fed law re schools. I understand that doesn't apply if he possesses a concealed carry permit, where the state conducts a background check before issuing.

Would I be correct to think that a NH ccw could legally oc within 1000' of a school, since he possesses the ccw license?

I think (hope) a trend is starting

PHP4A897DB84A39C.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

God bless him! [smile]

Imagine

Can you just imagine if everyone attending had shown up with a sidearm in open carry. We need many more numbers than just a few brave hearted to get a point across.

Can you just imagine if everyone attending had shown up with a sidearm in open carry. We need many more numbers than just a few brave hearted to get a point across.

I think a few of us are working on this very thing.

Back
Top Bottom