• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry deters robbery in Georgia

I think it's worth mentioning that the open carried guns didn't deter crime, they just sent the crooks outside to wait for them to leave. The nosy cop infringing on the rights of those law-abiding rifle carriers in the parking lot deterred the robbery.

It is my understanding that most criminals are not exactly the sharpest tools in the drawer. For example:

Evidently there's a video online somewhere where an off duty detective was open carrying in a convenience store; a robber came in, shot him in the back of the head and proceeded with the robbery as usual. I won't campaign to ban open carry, but I personally don't see any use in it outside of hunting.

Beyond that, it's a Waffle House for crying out loud. Face it, if you like guns you also probably like Waffle House. I know every time I head south down I-95 I start to salivate when I see the glow of those yellow squares in the night sky.

The last time I drove down I-95 we stopped to eat in one at some unholy hour of the night, in Virginia. I concealed carried inside, like I do everywhere else it's legal to. No robbers in sight, just a sticky table and a vulgar cook. [laugh]

I don't know; I've yet to find one that's no-smoking. I won't patronize them because, frankly, they all stink. Of cigarette smoke, that is. *shrug*

While I don't like leaving smelling like an ashtray, I think it's wonderful that a private business is allowed to control what goes on inside their private property in some states.

Proudly born and raised in Ga, not far from Kennesaw. Open carry there to CC in CT wass a huge change. When in GA, and I would roll into a "GSP" check-point / safety check. My 45 would be on the dash or on the seat next to me, in easy sight of the trooper, I was asked a few times if my piece was loaded. I always answered, in the affirmative. And always got "Good" as responce from Trooper. God, I miss that part of living there.[crying]

A Georgia Firearms License is practically a license to keep your gun in the car anyway. [laugh] One good thing about the northeast of the US, you don't need a chart to figure out where you can and can't travel with your gun on. Georgia's carry laws are a nightmare.

Although one helpful thing about Georgia is that none of the state carry restrictions (places off limits to carry, requirement to carry in a holster, etc.) apply to anyone who's LE or military, even when off duty.

Back
Top Bottom