• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Op Ed on the "Emptiness" of Gun Culture

Thirwell1216

NES Member
And $35K for a ticket at a gala doesn't epitomize emptiness? This op ed gives a window into the judgement out there about gun collecting. The author has no clue about firearms and their values and launches into funny diatribes about gun ownership. But the pics are neat...;)

Gabriele_Galimberti_The_Ameriguns_Visa_pour_l%27Image-thumb-700xauto-238435.jpeg

Last edited:
Meh, betas being betas. Notice how sports cars are included? That's because the beta male is incapable of having any fun. They prefer CUVs to fast cars; living in an apartment and having the landlord take care of everything to owning a house and having power tools (or really any tools); fruity beer to brown liquor; video games to physical sports; etc, etc. They don't hate guns, they hate themselves because they know they have manginas so they channel that anger at anything even remotely masculine.

/rant. Now where's my f***ing coffee?

Meh, betas being betas. Notice how sports cars are included? That's because the beta male is incapable of having any fun. They prefer CUVs to fast cars; living in an apartment and having the landlord take care of everything to owning a house and having power tools (or really any tools); fruity beer to brown liquor; video games to physical sports; etc, etc. They don't hate guns, they hate themselves because they know they have manginas so they channel that anger at anything even remotely masculine.

A lot of women are completely turned off by the 'feminist' males because under the covers they are the real predators and wife beaters. They're so low on the 'man' totem pole that they will resort to beating their wives and girlfriends just to virtually move up the totem pole a little bit.

200.gif

A lot of women are completely turned off by the 'feminist' males because under the covers they are the real predators and wife beaters. They're so low on the 'man' totem pole that they will resort to beating their wives and girlfriends just to virtually move up the totem pole a little bit.

Yeah. Feelings of inadequacy can lead to violent outbursts and controlling. If you can't control one aspect of your life, you seek to over-control other aspects.

The people in the photos all seem happy and doing well. They must not know that their culture is empty. Me, I still enjoy collecting empty culture, but I'll pass on the photo ops, thanks.

"The pictures fittingly convey the emptiness of their subjects. Emptiness compounded with fear and violence."

The comment section is interesting to say the least. My god the lefties are real life chicken sh*ts.
it is just a complete opposite mentality that has no space nor desire for compromise or collaboration. they cannot see any other solution as to see other side gone.

it is not new at all, it is all pretty much same exact thing as catholics vs protestants were, or any other collision of conflicting mentalities of the past.
pious people are generally very confident that their stance is sacred and all others just deserve to burn.

Last edited:
It sounds like the photographer/writer had no concept of gun culture, tried to se what it was about, found out it didn't make them personally feel better, and decided everyone else must feel the same.

The author seems to equate this type of gun ownership as a waste of money gathering "just in case" stuff. Who gives a shit? Some people are into what they are into. Does the author ever do an article questioning someone's car collection? It is highly more likely a high performance car would be involved in an injurious incident while the driver is not obeying the law than would any of the guns pictured be used in an unlawful act.

It sounds like the photographer/writer had no concept of gun culture, tried to se what it was about, found out it didn't make them personally feel better, and decided everyone else must feel the same.
Two separate people with two different goals.

The photographer basically enjoys showing people surrounded by whatever they love to collect, carefully staged.

The author is projecting their personal opinions on guns into the images, without understanding the topic at all, while claiming to have some deeper insight into the topic.

I think the photog does a great job; I'd love to see more of his work. The writer remains uninteresting.

View attachment 523253

Hell yeah! Ask pops if I can be his friend. That room doesn't look very empty.
I really envy some of these folks shopping prowess. I mean, this is quite a collection for only $82,425. The Barrett M82A1 and optic (on the floor behind the stool) is probably close to $10K by itself. And is that a dedicated can cannon on the floor by the Thompson?

This could not be more spot on. you can debate gun control with these people all day from a logical level but at the end of the day they are just pussy little b*tches and I think it's easier and more effective to just call them on that.

The photographer basically enjoys showing people surrounded by whatever they love to collect, carefully staged.

The author is projecting their personal opinions on guns into the images, without understanding the topic at all, while claiming to have some deeper insight into the topic.

I think the photog does a great job; I'd love to see more of his work. The writer remains uninteresting.

Exactly this. I spent 10 minutes perusing his (the photographer) instagram account and he definitely has a style. Children on chairs surrounded by their toys, families in the same setup, the gun photos aren’t a one-off.
The author of the article took serious “artistic” license in expressing their interpretation of someone else’s work.

The author seems to equate this type of gun ownership as a waste of money gathering "just in case" stuff. Who gives a shit? Some people are into what they are into. Does the author ever do an article questioning someone's car collection? It is highly more likely a high performance car would be involved in an injurious incident while the driver is not obeying the law than would any of the guns pictured be used in an unlawful act.
Or the sneakerheads that will wait hours in line to buy sneakers manufactured in many cases with child and/or near-slave labor. Nothing says "my culture isn't empty" than buying shoes made in those conditions that you will probably never wear, or barely wear.

IDK, having a slew of scary black killy rifles laid out around the pool while I play with flamethrowers seems pretty rad to me.

Standing around hobnobbing with boring self important a**h***s pretending to be art afficionados at a $30K event just for the sake of being seen as part of that circle seems way more empty to me.

I think the photog does a great job; I'd love to see more of his work. [rockon]

The writer remains uninteresting an ignorant condescending douche
. FIFY.

That coffee would be an almond milk mocha latte with pumpkin flavor?

Back
Top Bottom