1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Only in MA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Admin, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/30/dominatrix.acquitted.ap/index.html

They confessed to chopping up his body and dumping it and she gets acquitted. I guess if they wont lock up sex predators there was no way she was going to do time.

BUT GOD FORBID YOU HAVE A MAG THAT HOLDS 11 BULLETS!!!!!!

2. Scrivener

Scrivener Banned

WHAT "confession?" Read the story:

"Prosecutors said Asher confessed to police, but the alleged confession was not taped.

Investigators testified they did not save their notes."

What a pathetic performance by the police. File this drivel under "The dog ate my homework." [roll]

3. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

I did READ the story. I don't think the Prosecutors lied to the court. Regardless if the P.D. was run by monkeys. “SHE SAID SHE DID IT”

4. MrsWildweasel

MrsWildweasel Moderator NES Member

Good grief. [roll]

5. JonJ

JonJ Moderator NES Member

+1 Sloppy work. If they didn't record/write what was said "it didn't happen" pure and simple. No confession.

6. MikeD

MikeD NES Member

Massachusetts...that says it all. [roll]

7. KMaurer

KMaurer Moderator NES Member

Actually, the bottom line is "They said that she said that she did it." Considering that the didn't have it taped, the didn't have their notes, and there doesn't seem to have been a single pieceof forensic evidence that he was ever in her home, I wonder why the prosecutor even decided to take it to trial. Maybe she did it; maybe both the prosecutor and the investigators sincerely believed that she did it; the bottom line is that they never seem to have had the slightest bit of evidence.

Ken

8. JonJ

I think the prosecutor liked wearing the mask and acting it out just a little too much [wink]

9. Another_David

Another_David

That's embarrassing. Now we know the real reason the prosecutor put on the hood--he didn't want to show his face on TV!

I nearly fell off the couch laughing when I saw the footage of the prosecutor donning the black leather hood and collar. Imagine the places that hood has been... I wouldn't touch it let alone put in on my head!

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Moderator NES Member

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
    seems to me that the case shouldn't even have gone to court. No body. No evidence. No admission, just prosecutor hearsay. How can someone be tried let alone convicted in a case like that.

Saying that a guy died of a heart attack when you have no body. Saying the body was cut up and dumped when you have no body.

If I was the judge I wouldn't have allowed it in court. If I was a juror, I'd NOT convict.

A total waste of taxpayers money.

That said, they probably did do it but there was NO proof.

11. SiameseRat

SiameseRat

Wouldn't it be interesting if it turns out that the only reason they went after this lady with a bogus story was to publicly humiliate her after one of the prosecutors was caught having extra-marital affairs with her? You know, just to get the heat off of himself... "Don't you dare ever mention that I was here and made you put electric nipple clamps on me or else I'll take you down, lady..."

12. ArmedMainer

ArmedMainer NES Member

Bingo. I doubt there is a LEO somewhere stupid enough not to tape a confession. You don't throw away your notes on a murder case unless massive amounts of crack cocaine are involved. A weak case such as this is another waste of taxpayers money. [evil]

13. mark056

mark056 NES Member

If anyone thinks that the state won't "testilie" or that the cops won't has to be kidding themselves.

Juries throughout the United States are demanding more in the way of evidence largely due to the TV shows that focus on forensic crime fighting. so it is not a Mass thing.

In this particular case the points made by Scrivner and Jon are totally valid.

What people do in their sex lives is their business is their business not yours or mine as long as it is consensual. Whether or not a professional dominatrix can legally offer her services in Mass, is in and of itself open to some question. You might recall that there was a BDSM case in Attleboro or in Boston Herald parlance "Paddleboro" a few years ago that eventually got thrown out of court. In any event the sexual practices of Lauren Asher have absolutely nothing to do with this non-case. The whole thing reeks of the state being unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt....period.

Mark

14. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

"Confession"

According to one of the news reports, there seemed to be agreement that the interrogating officers did indeed inform her they could make her life a living hell. Such threats may be one of the "advanced interrogation techniques" used by the expert professionals.

15. JonJ

Re: "Confession"

Actually most uninformed people are stupid enough to talk or make confessions without a whole hell of a lot of help.

16. Coyote33

Coyote33

Re: "Confession"

I thought SHE was the professional in that area of expertise!

17. JonJ

18. Skald

Skald

We really should look at the broader picture here. The gov't, to me, is slowly going down the slope of guilty until proven innocent. I have had no classes on the basis of law, but without any shred of true evidence except 'she told us she did it, but we don't have a tape recording or notes of it.' and they tried to convict her would worry the living hell out of me.

19. KMaurer

Gee, what a surprise! We've got public schools that don't bother to teach much, if anything, about the Constitution and the American system of government and laws. We've got high-ranking government and law enforcement officials continually feeding the people the line that "if you're got guilty of anything then you've got nothing to fear." We've got government officials and a lot of the media constantly asserting that we need to be "reasonable" and be willing to give up more liberties in order to be "secure". We've got a lot of police who are so excited with all the new toys that they've got that they'll use "tactical responses" and "dynamic entries" whenever they can manage to talk the boss into it. ("Well, after all, it was an arrest of known repeat felon; he had two previous DUI's and we had a warrent charging felony income tax evasion.") Ben Franklin was right.

Ken

20. MikeYarosh

MikeYarosh

Two thoughts -
    One for Derek.
    I don't want a magazine that holds 11 bullets, I want one that holds 11 cartridges.(or better yet - more)

2nd -
    I'll never trust a cop or a reporter. And if a reporter tells me that the a cop says the sky is blue, I know what color it isn't.

Mike

21. JonJ

OUCH, and from a Brother too!

22. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

Double ouch!

From a friend and a Brother!

23. KMaurer

It's most likely blue. The copy probably told the reporter that it wasn't blue (What sort of cop would give a reporter a straight answer?), and the reporter almost certainly lied about what the cop actually said.

Ken

24. Lynne

Lynne

I feel bad for the family of the, one supposes, dead guy. I mean....good grief....that HAS to be embarrassing to have your dad talked about like that.

I can't imagine why the DA decided to prosecute tho.... <shakes head>

25. Emoto

Emoto

Who knows what happened? Maybe the guy isn't even dead.

26. Scrivener

Scrivener Banned

But I'm NOT DEAD YET! I think I'll go for a walk.

You're not fooling anyone, y'know.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail [lol]

27. MrsWildweasel

MrsWildweasel Moderator NES Member

Love that movie. [lol] [lol]

28. Skald

Skald

KMaurer,

I was VERY fortunate to have in High School a teacher who actually ditched some of the 'required' teaching and dwelved very deeply into the US Constitution and such. This was about 15 yrs ago and sadly the teacher has passed on it appears.