• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

So the Sig Elite Performance OTM .223 Match 77 gr ended up being a win [thumbsup]:

mzqhwaX.jpg

Groups ranged from .66" to 1.09", 100 yards with 4X power scope. Reticle battery was dead- light sucked as usual and I had to guess where the center dot was relative to each square. Maybe could have cut the groups by ~30% to 40% if I had more powerful glass on the service rifle.

Brass looks good- can't tell who made it for Sig. Price was very decent too- $22 and some change per box at Gun Parlor, less than a buck different than Midway. They had stacks of it in stock, and at least what I bought was all the same lot. Bullets have a cannelure, but I don't think the case mouth was crimped. Burnt powder smelled different- not bad at all, but different. Anyway, these should be perfect out to 300 yards. Need to try some in my Modern Military poo-say upper next time I use it in a OCSA match.

So the Sig Elite Performance OTM .223 Match 77 gr ended up being a win [thumbsup]:

mzqhwaX.jpg

Groups ranged from .66" to 1.09", 100 yards with 4X power scope. Reticle battery was dead- light sucked as usual and I had to guess where the center dot was relative to each square. Maybe could have cut the groups by ~30% to 40% if I had more powerful glass on the service rifle.

Brass looks good- can't tell who made it for Sig. Price was very decent too- $22 and some change per box at Gun Parlor, less than a buck different than Midway. They had stacks of it in stock, and at least what I bought was all the same lot. Bullets have a cannelure, but I don't think the case mouth was crimped. Burnt powder smelled different- not bad at all, but different. Anyway, these should be perfect out to 300 yards. Need to try some in my Modern Military poo-say upper next time I use it in a OCSA match.
Should be fine out to 600 also. If I remember correctly sig draws its own brass thought I read somewhere they have Remington’s old machines from WWII ?
Few years ago one of the magazines I picked up had a article. Want to say they built a building but another company actually runs and loads ammo for sig.

Last edited:
Should be fine out to 600 also. If I remember correctly sig draws its own brass thought I read somewhere they have Remington’s old machines from WWII ?

Interesting! Looks like they have pre-trimmed it to uniform length as well.

If this is what I shoot, the wind gets weird at Camp Ethan Allen and I may want the extra wind-bucking ability of the ELD 80's. Single loading, so they can be long. The wind there swirls around a couple different directions and can be tough to call. I messed up what could have been a pretty awesome 600 yard stage when the wind kicked out a 7. I thought it might have been my f-up and proceeded to put another one on top of that 7. When the wind is good I should probably fire away.

2018 SCHEDULE IS READY....M1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH AND GAMES. SEE INFO BELOW

Match fee is $13
Club ammo and M1 garands available

DUE TO PRICE INCREASES ON 30-06 AMMO FROM THE CMP
MATCH AMMO WILL NOW BE $26 FOR 35 ROUNDS.

ALL MATCHES START 8:30AM SHARP WITH MANDATORY SAFETY BRIEFING

LINKS TO SCHEDULES FOR CMP GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS A SECOUNDARY MATCH RUNNING WITH THE M1 GARAND CLNIC/MATCH

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XcEK92o2tAdtduegLfCa0zeycd14JL2r/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1av6meuYF1yaoUjLwepBGd2_gNm6nAc44/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DEKBXO-yvaSUT-ip3CJLl7Tb9a_UmYho/view

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vel7mGL0ZWWcbtkbs4vxcH_wPFt0-NkQ/view

Up

Will be there. Dakar and I carpooling from the hinterlands. Shooting Creedmoor ammo 167 Lapuas in the 'new' match JCG and mid load 155's in the 1903.

The rains have moved through and it looks like it’s going to be a nice day tomorrow. Wear boots the pits most likely will be a bit wet

Will miss this one as I’m in rural Poland visiting the in laws. However, and this is a very public however, I managed to pilfer a ratty shooting glove from a borrowed shooting jacket by accident at the last event. It will be returned inconspicuously (during another group’s rapid fire?) in Sept.

Also, I bought the K31 (of recent classifieds) and will bring that too for a looksy / howdoyamakehershoot from the seasoned crowd.

Good luck and enjoy...

Will miss this one as I’m in rural Poland visiting the in laws. However, and this is a very public however, I managed to pilfer a ratty shooting glove from a borrowed shooting jacket by accident at the last event. It will be returned inconspicuously (during another group’s rapid fire?) in Sept.

Also, I bought the K31 (of recent classifieds) and will bring that too for a looksy / howdoyamakehershoot from the seasoned crowd.

Good luck and enjoy...

K31's are great. Spend some time cleaning the bore if it's not mirror-like from the previous owner. I highly recommend getting some PPU ammo for it, then use the brass for reloading. Everyone raves about GP11, but I think the PPU is more accurate and not has hot as the GP11. Also the GP11 has those PITA to reload Berdan primers.

Some of us have had to buy taller front sights to get the K31 to shoot low enough at 100 yards. Otherwise they seem to be pretty hassle free. Nice ergonomics for offhand shooting.

Good shooting tomorrow guys.... Another conflict for me, I will be shooting the eic match in Nashua tomorrow.

Good shooting tomorrow guys.... Another conflict for me, I will be shooting the eic match in Nashua tomorrow.
Chase the points while you can. Plenty of time for silly games later. I have been marking off leg point opertunity matches on the calender for 10 years now. Not once have they lined up with a day for myself ....

I'd like to try for points sometime. Hope to catch the intro points at SAFS this time in Vermont. Was one point or one more person in the pool away from it last time I took SAFS two years ago. I might be getting too damn old, so I can enjoy watching DW's chase at least.

Yes, very nice turn out. Check your PM- score sheets were swapped and you did better than you think you did...

What were the scores from today? Garand and 1903?

I was telling a guy in the pits today how much fun it would be to shoot a 1903 XTC

Bad light and almost foggy in the morning with some rain later on.

Garand was 278-7X Franco, 278-4X me, and I think Dave was ~273.

1903 / 03-A3 was Franco again in first. I don't remember the score but maybe around 280, plus or minus; Mac with 273-3X and me for the bronze but I forget the score- not far behind Mac. Dakar did well in 1903- only 2 points away from my score (I remember that).

I have a PJ O'Hare sight micrometer- it would work well for the 1903 in XTC.

How was Nashua?

Nice...

We didn't get any rain until the 600 yard line, where my relay shot first. I was absolutely hammering them until the heavy rain came. I got totally soaked through my clothes. It's kind of cool to shoot in the rain, but not that much rain. They ended up having a 45 minute delay for the other 2 relays while the rain passed. Leg Points went to 483 and 477; unfortunately none went to me today. When I got home, I took my AR apart, there was water _everywhere_ - it hadn't been this far disassembled since I first built it.

So will the M14's / M1A's be out in full force for the next match?

I get better scores in prone with my scoped AR, but offhand sucks and I do OK in offhand with the Bula. Probably not this time, but maybe next MM match I'll shoot out of competition with the .458 socom. That way I'll be able to see my shots in the black.

If mines ready i will bring it. I might shoot 2 different rifles in modern military ? Might bring the AR and M1a

So will the M14's / M1A's be out in full force for the next match?

I get better scores in prone with my scoped AR, but offhand sucks and I do OK in offhand with the Bula. Probably not this time, but maybe next MM match I'll shoot out of competition with the .458 socom. That way I'll be able to see my shots in the black.
o_Oo_Oo_O
Why not just rebarrel the M1a for 450 bushmaster or 458socom:confused::eek:;)

Hey guys, CMP matches for AR require 20 round mags correct? Are there dated pre-ban 20 rounders (like the 30 rounders)? I cant seem to fins much info on how to identify preban 20's.

Thanks,

For cmp games at pembroke 10 rounders are fine.

As for ID of pre bans some have dates some don’t. Mags manufactured under the federal ban usually say Mil and LEO use only. Also if there’s any hint to being manufactured by a company that did not exist pre 9/13/94 they are not preban

Perfect, thank you. Just got a new toy, so hoping to be there for september games, barring wife going into labor. And I skipped the brake haha.

Back
Top Bottom