1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

Discussion in 'Mil Surp Collectors' started by mac1911, Jan 22, 2018.

1. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

Just keep applying it as you feel fit. It takes aprox 30 days for tung oil to cure but there’s no need to wait if you don’t want to. I go a week then shoot it. Remember tung oil does not build up like TruOil and other finishes. You can keep applying the tung oil year after year.
    I give my rifle I use in matches a quick rub every year with tung oil. I don’t even bother removing it from the action

Eugenio.FV likes this.

2. Eugenio.FV

Eugenio.FV NES Member

Great, thanks

3. Eugenio.FV

Eugenio.FV NES Member

Just took her to the range. It was empty, not too cold, nice and bright. I broguth the M1A and AR with the M1A promo scope (vortex 4-16)...and as soon as I get there I realize i left all my AR mags, atleast it works as a spotting scope! Nice scope but not sure i love it, in other that full magnification I can hardly see the crosshairs, and seems to rattle a lot with the few manually loaded shots I did. Ill see, I fgar prefered the 1-4 Leupold.

As for the M1A I shot bench at 100 yards, this is such a fun rifle. I also got some PPU match ammo, so hopefully soon ill start playing with that at the 200 yard line. I did realize that center hold is not working well, so ill have to change to 6 oclock hold.Hopefully ill be able to do a few of the OCSA events this year with the M1A and the 1-4 AR.

View: https://imgur.com/a/LmWKhwP

View: https://imgur.com/a/RzdTive