• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

Still haven't decided on what I'll shoot for MM but I'm leaning to the .308 Garand since I did not get to shoot it in Vermont. They'll only allow you to shoot 4 GSMM's.

I may have to shoot the MM AR15, however. I'm going to a wedding reception in CT the night before and I'm thinking my eyes may not be in the best shape the next morning. :confused:

Im might challenge myself .....the AR was talking shit to the old wood and steel guys, M1 308 said bring it on!

I’m not certain of what i’ll be shooting, but i’ll definitely be making it to the last match. Maybe the milled Bulgarian/Hungarian AK I picked up last spring?

Does it have a big, really loud brake on it? If yes, I'll pay Rich to put you between Mac and Franco. [devil] Actually I don't think it will bother mac1911, so we'll put you against the wall with Franco on the other side so we can all hear the more colorful use of the King's English.

I can't remember if you were there for the match when someone brought a Hakim- was that P? Now that thing was LOUD. I was definitely timing my shots to that I wasn't trying to break the trigger when that thing went BOOM.

Does it have a big, really loud brake on it? If yes, I'll pay Rich to put you between Mac and Franco. [devil] Actually I don't think it will bother mac1911, so we'll put you against the wall with Franco on the other side so we can all hear the more colorful use of the King's English.

I can't remember if you were there for the match when someone brought a Hakim- was that P? Now that thing was LOUD. I was definitely timing my shots to that I wasn't trying to break the trigger when that thing went BOOM.
Your right breaks seldom bother me. Especially on the small rifles

Looking like a nice day for Sunday 50s and no rain?

I just realized I don’t have any ammo for MM in 223 or 308 so I gots to get loading. AR is not to bad I do have some 55 grain M193 kicking around.

I finished up loading some 5.56 for the MM match with the AR.... all boring basic load. 24 grains varget 69grain Nosler Custom comp and some LC. NATO brass. load up some 308 tomorrow

I will be there but probably only have time to shoot one match - MM with the M14. Unless this is gonna be a pussy gun MM match... maybe I should break out my Colt A2 instead?

As a sidenote, the "new" Lee hand primer I bought to replace the old one that broke sucks. Gave up after 100 223 cases.

im tossed on what to do? Its either 2 entries for modern with the AR and the M1a or garand and 308 garand ?

I'm not gonna make it...again. I have a flight to TX at 2pm out of Logan and don't want to risk missing it. See you guys in the spring, I guess :/

Stupid work.

Dammit, I even bought snacks for the road trip!

IMG_3703.jpg

LOL, safe travels and we'll miss ya.

Just finishing up getting ready and a few more 308 loads to do.
Im still undecided
Garand Match: I have not posted a really good score with the M1 for a while so I feel like I need to try.
MM I want to do a AR vs M1a match between myselves.
Not sure what to do or if I will have enough time to shoot both.

I had to take off after the first string.

Curious to know who took gold in MM.

Probably you. I don't think I saw another score that high. I think Mac had a good score in there somewhere, and of course Franco. Laura had a very good score as well.

I messed up Garand rapids due to a mis-load or light strike then I rushed. Otherwise I was starting with a 100 and I think 6X in slow prone.

Nice weather, nice turnout, and was great to see everyone. Can't believe we have wrapped up another season of CMP matches, though I hear Ames has one next weekend.

Thanks; I figured you might shoot a higher score with the MM AR15, or Franco with his M14.

Ames next Sunday.

Hey guys, so got extremely lucky with a drawing at my club, next season ill be shooting an M1A. What grease do you guys use for your M1's?
Just about and grease will do. I have quart of red marine water proof wheel bearing grease i have used on guns and other items for about 20 years .....enough of that

what did you get!

I had to take off after the first string.

Curious to know who took gold in MM.
The closest match I have seen at pembroke
Competitor (Comp Num) Prone Slow Prone Rapid Standing Aggregate
1 Watt, Derek (259000) 100 - 3 96 - 1 0 - 0 91 - 1 287 - 5
2 Scarpino, Franco, CPO , USN Ret. (11679) 100 - 3 98 - 2 0 - 0 89 - 0 287 - 5
3 Maclellan, John (160159) 99 - 5 94 - 3 0 - 0 90 - 1 283 - 9
4 Reitz, Edward (215658) 99 - 3 96 - 3 0 - 0 81 - 1 276 - 7
5 Kindamo, Anthony (96051) 90 - 0 97 - 1 0 - 0 81 - 0 268 - 1
6 Stockler, Laura (304005) 100 - 4 81 - 0 0 - 0 85 - 0 266 - 4
7 Hazel, David (152275) 95 - 1 90 - 1 0 - 0 79 - 0 264 - 2
8 Bulejcik, Alan (10002) 98 - 4 95 - 1 0 - 0 67 - 0 260 - 5
9 Yanulis, Richard (134275) 89 - 0 92 - 1 0 - 0 75 - 1 256 - 2
10 Dixon, Austin (333312) 99 - 1 85 - 0 0 - 0 66 - 0 250 - 1

Nice. So does the offhand score break a tie if the score and X count is the same? It must.

Aweaome, thanks guys. I may actually have to drive by worcester in a few weeks, ill let you know.

Hoping to pickup the rifle tomorrow, ill post a picture when I do, I assume tho its just an M1A standard.

Aweaome, thanks guys. I may actually have to drive by worcester in a few weeks, ill let you know.

Hoping to pickup the rifle tomorrow, ill post a picture when I do, I assume tho its just an M1A standard.
With 1/2 decent ammo should hold 10 ring and at worst 9 ring.

Hoping to make a couple of these next year now that I have my non-res. I feel bad I got my CMP Special and ordered my leather sling for these and only made it to a few. Although since I started doing USPSA it has eaten into time I have for matches.

Hoping to make a couple of these next year now that I have my non-res. I feel bad I got my CMP Special and ordered my leather sling for these and only made it to a few. Although since I started doing USPSA it has eaten into time I have for matches.
you can always cmp in your area. You do need to make a trip down though. Bring a few guns and make a day of it. I miss the days of being able to travel to play.

Back
Top Bottom