• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ONLY 1 LEFT 2018 OCSA Pembroke ma NEXT NOV 4th M1 Garand Clinic and Modern Military

I plan to be there with my M1. First time shooting past 100 yards, so not expecting much.

Great! It's a lot of fun. Keep coming back and you will see your skills improve. Is your M1 sighted in for 100? From your 100 yard zero, raise the elevation 2 clicks and you should be good to go.

Also hard to have a ruling when there’s no clear definition on some/most rules.
Like the BS when they 1st did the MM class. All AR type rifles had to have a government profile barrel.

Some of the MM rules by themselves can be pretty confusing, especially since they seem to change on a year to year basis. Scopes, weight, barrel profiles, etc.

On the other hand, it should be fairly evident to distinguish an MM AR from an XTC SR AR.

For Modern Military CMP:

1) No free-float upper
2) Iron sights or scope 4.5X or lower.
3) Trigger pull 4.5 lbs or higher
4) Weight limit for AR's is 8.5 lbs, M1A 10.0 lbs. There are limits for AK's etc. too.

That pretty much covers it. If you come to Pembroke you can shoot what you bring and still get bragging rights if your rifle is not compliant.
maybe [wink]

Some of the MM rules by themselves can be pretty confusing, especially since they seem to change on a year to year basis. Scopes, weight, barrel profiles, etc.

On the other hand, it should be fairly evident to distinguish an MM AR from an XTC SR AR.
I took the weight out of the butt stock?

Good news and bad news:

Good news, my baby was born! Healthy, very big girl!
Bad news, it was a c-section, so ill be on call helping the wife on this day.

On a side note, i bought a yoga mat and gi sling, so going to start practicing for those future matches.

Good news and bad news:

On a side note, i bought a yoga mat and gi sling, so going to start practicing for those future matches.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

LOL, congrats!!! [party][party]

Hope everyone is doing great. Your first? Our second was a big baby and was delivered via c-section. A little harder on mama's recovery but easier on the baby.

We'll see you next time- be sure that you are able to sneak away for a few hours and come to matches, then reciprocate so your wife can get out now and then. Hope your baby is a good sleeper. Our first was a terrible sleeper, second would sleep 9 hours if we let him.

Good news and bad news:

Congrats, my 3 kids put me out of shooting for a few years.

Ditch that yoga mat , i like this one the best so far.
Champion's Choice

Thanks Mac, I’ll look into that one.

This is my first, my wife wanted to do it natural, but after 40 hours of labor and 4 more ofnpushing, it was obvious that baby wasn’t moving! After a c section, Lucia was born weightin in at 9lbs 11oz. I feel so bad for my wife now, double whammy of labor pains and c section recovery!

That first diaper change...my god hahaha

Thanks Mac, I’ll look into that one.

This is my first, my wife wanted to do it natural, but after 40 hours of labor and 4 more ofnpushing, it was obvious that baby wasn’t moving! After a c section, Lucia was born weightin in at 9lbs 11oz. I feel so bad for my wife now, double whammy of labor pains and c section recovery!

That first diaper change...my god hahaha
Mark my words always have the new diaper ready and on guard!

Actually I might shoot two MM's and a Garand. How? .308 NM clone Garand. I may or may not shoot in the unlimited class in VT, so some practice would be good. Haven't shot that turkey in a while.
Depending on my mood over the next few hours and how much I get reloaded I may run the 308 garand and the M1a . I will be pressed for time so shooting the M1a first and see if I have time for M1.
Have not much time to test loads but this one functioned 100% and under my mad minute style testing should do well if my eyes and booger hook can play well together

View: https://imgur.com/a/k9gUyOY

Depending on my mood over the next few hours and how much I get reloaded I may run the 308 garand and the M1a . I will be pressed for time so shooting the M1a first and see if I have time for M1.
Have not much time to test loads but this one functioned 100% and under my mad minute style testing should do well if my eyes and booger hook can play well together

View: https://imgur.com/a/k9gUyOY

Looks like a worthy load. Is that the M14 clip?

Looks like a worthy load. Is that the M14 clip?
yes to the clip nd I figure I should shave at least a MOA off that group. Really poor testing today. More for function than anything. I shot 10 shots with about 12-15 seconds between shots

I will make the last 2; looks like Vintage in October and Modern to finish things up in November.

Hey Eugenio- take a break from that dirty diaper patrol! Hope all is well for you and your new family...

I'm not a 100% commit for Sunday because I leave for overseas that evening. I'll probably make it and plan to air out the CMP Special with the just purchased HXP '65 and will shoot the K31 with some GP11.

November match is Modern Military? If yes, I'll bring the self built .308 Garand.

Still pisses me off about the Bula M14 getting bounced in Vermont over the NM front sight. A NM rear aperture with a different diameter is OK, but you're a cheater if your front sight has a different width. Some a-hole probably made a federal case over this because someone beat him. Otherwise I can't figure out why this year they started bouncing for that.

Hey Eugenio- take a break from that dirty diaper patrol! Hope all is well for you and your new family...

I'm not a 100% commit for Sunday because I leave for overseas that evening. I'll probably make it and plan to air out the CMP Special with the just purchased HXP '65 and will shoot the K31 with some GP11.

November match is Modern Military? If yes, I'll bring the self built .308 Garand.

Still pisses me off about the Bula M14 getting bounced in Vermont over the NM front sight. A NM rear aperture with a different diameter is OK, but you're a cheater if your front sight has a different width. Some a-hole probably made a federal case over this because someone beat him. Otherwise I can't figure out why this year they started bouncing for that.
Well duh a thinner front sight is a accuracy enhancement.
Well if you can see the F'n thing.
If it did not have NM stamped on it no one would have said boo

Well I wont be there tomorrow, no one to watch the kids.
looks like a nice day tomorrow and we have had a good season. No weather issues other than some warm humid days and every match has been pretty well attended.
Next match I should not miss as its my birthday weekend!

Well I wont be there tomorrow, no one to watch the kids.
looks like a nice day tomorrow and we have had a good season. No weather issues other than some warm humid days and every match has been pretty well attended.
Next match I should not miss as its my birthday weekend!

See you next time, enjoy the day. I'll shoot an HXP flyer or two for ya.

Better yet, bring the kids and have them pull targets all day. [smile][smile] We'll even pay them and send them home with chocolate, Red Bulls, and finger paints. Mrs. Mac will love that... [devil] Those ammo crate skills will come in handy when you build that big doghouse.

See you next time, enjoy the day. I'll shoot an HXP flyer or two for ya.

Better yet, bring the kids and have them pull targets all day. [smile][smile] We'll even pay them and send them home with chocolate, Red Bulls, and finger paints. Mrs. Mac will love that... [devil] Those ammo crate skills will come in handy when you build that big doghouse.
I have some left over 1/4" hardboard left and was thinking of making up a few trinket boxes for the last match?
NOVoM27m.jpg

JbKpZX2m.jpg

Nice day at the Old Colony, though I bugged out after shooting twice in a row. Props to Rich for helping me shoot early- I'm home and getting ready to head to Logan for an overseas trip.

Shot OK today- 275 in Garand. 85 in awfulhand, which is OK for me. Was enough to beat Franco by a couple points but not enough to beat Rich who shot a 277. DW and David H were up there too. The '65 HXP worked fine- no surprise bad shots and I correctly called all my screw-ups.

Shot a 271 in Vintage with the K31. Was actually having a pretty good awfulhand but dropped a 6 on one shot that I rushed a bit. No idea how everyone else did as I ducked out to head home.

Mac, next time you see Franco ask him how much he likes Iceland. I'm connecting through there tonight and mentioned my wife and I might take a few vacation days there sometime. F-bomb count went through the roof, LOL.

Mountain, I believe you took 3rd in Vintage - David H 272, Franco shot a 271 but beat you by X count. I only shot a 268 - I think I crossfired in standing so I took a miss.

You were also right up there in Garand, maybe silver, iirc. Rich shot a 277, you were 275, Franco took bronze with a 273? 270 for me.

Mountain, I believe you took 3rd in Vintage - David H 272, Franco shot a 271 but beat you by X count. I only shot a 268 - I think I crossfired in standing so I took a miss.

You were also right up there in Garand, maybe silver, iirc. Rich shot a 277, you were 275, Franco took bronze with a 273? 270 for me.

Thanks DW.

Back
Top Bottom