• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One Rep who gets it

Hello,

I totally disagree with HB 4121 as it is written today.

Without our right to bear arms only criminals will have guns.

Respectfully,

Donald H. Wong

State Representative

I got this in response to an email I sent to all those on the public safety and homeland security committee. He's the only response thus far:

Thank you for your email regarding H.4121. This bill was poorly crafted, and I voted for an Ought Not to Pass recommendation in the Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee. We lost the unfavorable report by one vote. I plan to vote against reporting this bill out of the House Ways & Means Committee unless there are substantial changes which protect the rights of law abiding gun owners.

David T. Vieira
State Representative
Third Barnstable District
State House, Rm. 167
Boston, MA 02133
Boston Office: 617-722-2230
District Office: 508-548-VOTE (8683)
COMMITTEES:
House Committee on Ways & Means
Joint Committee on Public Safety & Homeland Security
House Committee on Rules
House Committee on Personnel & Administration

Hello,

I totally disagree with HB 4121 as it is written today.

Without our right to bear arms only criminals will have guns.

Respectfully,

Donald H. Wong

State Representative

I heard the same BS from Rep Ashe. He voted to move it out of committee last Saturday as "ought to pass". They're all scum IMHO.

First thing I pictured was someone from the other side with a letter from the same Rep. stating exactly the opposite. And, they are posting it on one of their forums saying "this guy gets it".

Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to me, I will keep an open mind to any and all opinions and welcome discussion on this topic. As always, I will wait to see what the final version of the bill looks like before it comes to a vote and give due consideration to amendments and debate.

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me to convey your feelings.

All the best,

Tim Madden

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your letter in opposition to House Bill 4121, An act relative to the reduction of gun violence. I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion on this legislation as constituent input is a large part of a working government. While serving as the Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security, I have spent the past 18 months reviewing testimony from concerned citizens about issues related to firearms in the Commonwealth.

I understand your concerns regarding H. 4121. While there are some positive measures included in this bill aimed at curbing violence across the state, I cannot support this piece of legislation. Mainly the lack of clear language directed at criminal misuse of firearms, expanding Chiefs’ authority without the Supreme Judicial Court prescribed “suitable” definition, and mandating private sales at a licensed dealer are the reasons I cannot support this bill. When it came up for a vote in the Public Safety and Homeland Security committee –I voted NO. As I continue monitoring H. 4121, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. If I can be of any additional assistance on this or another issue, please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

With every good wish,

Senator Jim Timilty
Bristol & Norfolk
Chairman, Public Safety and Homeland Security
State House, Room 507
Boston, MA 02133
(617) 722-1222

mandating private sales at a licensed dealer
Just imagine the C.F. this will create at a large busy gun shop.

The large shops thrive on regular customers, and will be loathe to turn away persons wanting to do a transfer at the shop since today's transfer is tomorrows gun buyer, and the NES press of a show refusing to facility private transfers would be merciless.

I know one shop that will probably have to put one or two extra people on during weekends to handle the private transactions.

I got this in response to an email I sent to all those on the public safety and homeland security committee. He's the only response thus far:

Thank you for your email regarding H.4121. This bill was poorly crafted, and I voted for an Ought Not to Pass recommendation in the Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee. We lost the unfavorable report by one vote. I plan to vote against reporting this bill out of the House Ways & Means Committee unless there are substantial changes which protect the rights of law abiding gun owners.

David T. Vieira
State Representative
Third Barnstable District
State House, Rm. 167
Boston, MA 02133
Boston Office: 617-722-2230
District Office: 508-548-VOTE (8683)
COMMITTEES:
House Committee on Ways & Means
Joint Committee on Public Safety & Homeland Security
House Committee on Rules
House Committee on Personnel & Administration

Got this same response from Rep. Vieira

- - - Updated - - -

Got this letter back from my Rep. Every time I write him about something, Lenny always responds.

Dear Steven,

Thank you for writing to me about H.4121, I’ve heard from many people on it. As a gun owner myself I am also disappointed that this bill came out of committee in its current form. I do not believe that this bill will in any way deter criminals from getting and using guns. Moreover, I believe it goes way too far and intrudes on our Second Amendment rights so I will be voting against it.

Sincerely,

Representative Lenny Mirra
Second Essex District
State House, Room 130
Boston, MA 02133
Office: (617) 722-2130
Cell: (978) 888-5212

Back
Top Bottom