One of our own lost his home to a fire

Damn. Ty is one of the few good guys on here, that really sucks. Thanks for the link.

From his Faceplant, at least he still has his sense of humor.

126069450_10222615207356338_5480862667053893991_n.jpg

Touche' OCB

All proceeds to HKDrummer....

Ruger Carbine to highest lawful & responsible bidder.
all laws followed...all transfer fees paid by bidder...I am from MA. and out of private transfers for 2020, but willing to travel a reasonable distance...will close bidding at 11-27-2020 @ 1200EST.

Mods.... please delete if not kosher and I will re-sell in firearms section and donate $$$$ to HKdrummer.
ThanksIMG_0583.jpgIMG_0585.jpgIMG_0588.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Damn ^ Nice carbine and nice offer!

I can contribute but it'll have to wait 'til next paycheck. I did two GFM's last week (one of which was for a girl I've known since 2nd grade who got hit head-on by a distracted driver when she was on her way home from her 2nd job, and she's a single mother of two little girls)... Seriously F*CK THIS YEAR!!!

Hey everyone. I’ve been watching this thread and reading all the kind words. I haven’t been around a lot in the last few years, life sort of took me in other directions. I’m looking at all these names, many I remember fondly and all the fun hours I spent bantering and joking with all of you here.

I’m blown away by the generosity and support me and my family have been receiving. I see the names on the go fund me and just start bawling my eyes out. Some people I met once in passing that found out. Others that live clear across the planet. It’s just something I can’t put into words.

this whole thing is really moments of extreme lows, followed by euphoric highs and then face planting again. I spent some time in the house today trying to salvage what I could and I hit the stage in grieving of total disbelief. I looked around and said out loud “this isn’t real. This isn’t my house and I’m going to wake up any moment” alas, it is and I didn’t.

I showed up on scene Saturday to our chaos and three firemen rushing my lifeless cats outside, a ladder truck up to the roof where they punched a hole and all my neighbors looking at me with pure sadness. The scene commander was pure professional and spoke to me like a human and didn’t try to talk to me like I was stupid. The police were top notch and could tell I was crushed.

one officer approached me. Big muscle bound guy “sir are you the home owner? Can I speak to you in private please?” At this point I’m thinking “oh f***. It’s about the guns. They want to take them cause I can’t go in the house. Here we go” he ended up trying to console me, tell me how awful he felt about seeing my cats and that it’ll get better. I thanked him and put out my hand to shake and in the age of covid and what not he removed his glove and gave me a good hard handshake. It was one of the truest moments of humanity I’ve experience and I lost it. I’ve been Uber critical of cops over the years but there are good ones, but I digress. I am forever in their gratitude and with some of this money I plan to deliver a giant catered meal down to the firehouse.

it’s hard guys. I’m embarrassed, I feel guilty, I’m broken, I’m scared and amongst it all I have a little human to try and pull it together for and it’s f***ing hard.

anyways. This is a bunch of words for what I really want to say is, thank you. Thank you all so so much. You’ll never know how grateful we are.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I feel this is something I need to learn more about and probably everyone could benefit.

I always wondered, how would I prove the value of everything I own to an insurance company if this ever happened to me.
BTDT, and you really can't prove it, but State Farm treated me better after a total loss house fire than they ever did over roof damage from blow-downs. I even spent 8 months in temporary rentals on their dime.

When our Texas house burned in 2013 (electrical fire after a thunderstorm and power outage), I took a ton of photos of what was left, and I used those in my claim.

Firefighters DGAF. They will destroy everything, but under the circumstances, it's usually stuff that is going to be destroyed anyway. My one year old gas range was in the garage when they were done. I had pics of what remained of the range, washer & dryer, both refrigerators, and the huge lump of charcoal that used to be a pallet of bamboo flooring. (Because I hadn't installed it yet, it was still personal property, not part of the house--thankfully!--and I got back the $4k I had paid for it.)

Molten blobs of toolboxes and tools. Outdoors things like a grill and generator and lawnmower that were destroyed by the heat and water. The springs and frames of beds and living room furniture. Common lawn tools like shovels and rakes. A 32' extension ladder that looked like a soda can in a campfire. A stereo system I'd bought new in 1982 that mostly had sentimental value, but the surge of interest in vintage audio was just starting. The blob of rare vinyl records that couldn't be replaced (I knew the titles by heart).

I took a solid month trying to think of what was in the house. I'd work on it for a couple of hours, close it down, go to work, sleep, then start again.

You can never fully document everything. And if you're looking to replace the house and all contents that you just lost, you're probably out of luck. But, SF did treat me right with a fair offer, especially considering how much they paid for my temporary housing.

So sorry to hear about that.
I’ve been through a bad house fire in the late eighties and remember standing outside this time of the year - bare feet in sweatpants, holding my dog on the leash. That’s all I had left.
If I got through it than - you can get through it now.
Hang in there.
Donation sent.

Tynan, I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. I've been on NES over ten years,
You're one of maybe two dozen people that I've actually met.
I bought your M 6 Scout for my son-in-law, and some 223 Green Tips a year later.
If you remember I took picture's of your cats to show my wife. They eerily resembled my three cats from the 80's/90's.
I was going to send you back a picture of mine but I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture in a PM.
It's great that the NES'rs are really stepping up for one of their own. I was thinking of raffling something off,
instead I'll pay you the balance on the Green Tips I bought from you 5 years ago based on todays prices.
May God give you the peace and strength to recover from this. PM inbound.

Done

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom