• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One of my favorite things

Love your work. Not sure why it has to be a "fight". After charges are dropped, why can't the police return the gun all wrapped up with a bowtie and an apology letter? Oh right, the police are never wrong.

Love your work. Not sure why it has to be a "fight". After charges are dropped, why can't the police return the gun all wrapped up with a bowtie and an apology letter? Oh right, the police are never wrong.

A long time ago I was arrested and the firearm on me was seized. Go to court, charges are nolled; (the prosecution isn't pressing the charges at that time, but reserves the right to do so if I'm arrested within the next 13 months - if I go 13 months, the charges are no longer prosecutable, and I can legally state that I haven't been arrested).

Considering that the original statement by the prosecutor to me was "you're going to jail" - I had competent legal counsel.

Anyhow - 13 months go by, I start breathing again.
Another 12 months go by and I get a phone call - we have a firearm in our evidence room that appears to belong to you, do you want it or should we destroy it? When I said that I wanted it, they noted that I didn't have a permit, so I needed to bring a friend with me to pick it up. Done and done.

Another 12 months go by and I get a phone call - we have a firearm in our evidence room that appears to belong to you, do you want it or should we destroy it? When I said that I wanted it, they noted that I didn't have a permit, so I needed to bring a friend with me to pick it up. Done and done.
Why wait 12 months?? What happens if we make the government wait 12 months to give them what they want?

What the hell was the police dept doing with your gun for 12 months after your charges were dropped?? Were they doing an "internal investigation" to make sure they were in the clear before commenting further? Such crooks.

Why wait 12 months?? What happens if we make the government wait 12 months to give them what they want?

What the hell was the police dept doing with your gun for 12 months after your charges were dropped?? Were they doing an "internal investigation" to make sure they were in the clear before commenting further? Such crooks.

I can't answer those questions. I've given you the bare outline of what happened to me.

The firearm in question was returned to me in an evidence box, it had been test fired.

I verified last weekend: decades have passed,
and Hampton Beach PD still has my friend's Garmin GPS.

Nice work Atty. Tassel. I'm going to put you on speed dial in case I ever run into trouble.
I had a revolver confiscated by BPD a while ago. It only took 5 months for me to get it back. In retrospect I guess I was lucky.
PS that Beretta looks like a "Minx" -- the first gun I ever bought. Still have it.

Well done Neil. Also a reminder, you can refuse to give consent to allow your personal property to be locked up in a fee based bonded warehouse pending investigation/charges. Try and find a friend or relative that's willing to watch them for you if SHTF. (I am aware this is different than at police headquarters)

Back
Top Bottom