One less LTC holder in MA...

A few months ago I was chatting with an older, soft spoken attorney I'm friendly with. He's a good lawyer but very, very laid back.

He described a road rage incident he was involved in. A woman on a cell phone changed lanes and damn near side swiped him.

He said he got angry. Really, really angry that she would be so callous about endangering the lives of others. They exchanged words and then it hit him just how unhinged he had become. And that scared the crap out of him.

I like my life. I like my family and friends. I'm too old to go to jail. It sucks that there are idiots out there but at the same time I don't want to lose my freedoms because of the actions of a douchebag.

Rich
This is what happens when you’re too laid back all the time, something simple stupid happens and you snap.

Better to stay in a continual state of pissed off, so you always know where the line is and how close you are to it. 👌🏻🍻

Driving down the road is no different than walking down the street - you need to find a balance between not being a pushover and letting someone roll over you versus needlessly escalating a situation. In other words, you don't have to let someone cut in front of you but you shouldn't instigate and let that situation escalate to the point where you're reaching for a gun.

This is what happens when you’re too laid back all the time, something simple stupid happens and you snap.

Better to stay in a continual state of pissed off, so you always know where the line is and how close you are to it. 👌🏻🍻

Driving down the road is no different than walking down the street - you need to find a balance between not being a pushover and letting someone roll over you versus needlessly escalating a situation. In other words, you don't have to let someone cut in front of you but you shouldn't instigate and let that situation escalate to the point where you're reaching for a gun.

My wife is the pushover to the Nth degree in both. It has taken YEARS to stop her from letting traffic go when she has right of way. You do stuff like that and it disrupts the flow and causes an accident.

She was never like this as a younger person. She's gotten too much like her dad. Which is awful.

Oh, it's also terrible when walking with her. We'll get to a door and she fakes going first, second, stop, and side-by-side all within about .75 steps. LOL. I guess it takes a BIT of more mental work as a mom - you go IN FRONT OF gentlemen but BEHIND your children. I go behind everyone. But there are times I don't have to - and I can process it. She gets analysis paralysis. LOL

The declaration by the other driver combined with his LTC will be considered absolute proof by the MA judicial system.
People should keep this in mind even if they aren’t carrying, but have an LTC. Even if the other party is lying, it’s a headache you don’t want to deal with.

My road rage days are long over. Oh I'll get pissed. But do anything about it???

I mean, the worst I've gotten is to blow by someone. Or honk. Never got out. Never chased. I've toyed with the idea that you should get certified in the use of a vehicle-mounted paintball gun loaded with paint remover. The guy with the 1,000 marks on his rear end - everyone learns to avoid him. :)
Furic acid

I wish everyone took the same handgun class that I took. Our instructor was very upfront that if you’re handgun isn’t coming out of its holster to kill then it better not come out of its holster. And then he made it clear that if the gun was brandished, drawn, fired anything. Even if it saves your life be ready to spend $50,000 in court. Obviously not true in all situations, but that sentence has stuck with me for 15 years.

What's really scary/sad is that some people need to take a class to understand this basic bit of common sense.

The declaration by the other driver combined with his LTC will be considered absolute proof by the MA judicial system. This is why you NEVER let the other party in an incident know you have a gun with you unless you they are about to get killed.
FTFY.

My wife is the pushover to the Nth degree in both. It has taken YEARS to stop her from letting traffic go when she has right of way. You do stuff like that and it disrupts the flow and causes an accident.
Typical ragtime:

Cars coming north up the shaft of the T to a stop sign.
They all want to turn left (west).

They have to wait for cars headed east on the left top of the T
(who, are mostly but not entirely turning right (south));
and they have to wait for cars headed west on the right top of the T
(who are mostly but not entirely turning left (south)).

Westbound traffic turning left has a turning lane.
Westbound through traffic has a through lane,
but have to merge immediately with any northbounders turning left (aiming west).

Northbound traffic backs up deeply because they never have the right-of-way.
Westbound left-turners daily "have pity" on northbounders,
and wave them onwards.

Except that if a northbounder cuts off eastbound through traffic,
they'll be T-boned in a twinkling.

And even more importantly, the "generous" westbound left turners
are totally oblivious to the fact that westbound through traffic
is whipping at full speed through the head of the T,
and if a northbounder is stupid enough to suck for getting waved through,
they're getting side-swiped by eastbound flow that has no intention
of yielding their right-of-way (and shouldn't).

Of course the "generous" westbound left turners are all "Yawp, Yawp, Yawp"
when you don't accept their lace-edged invitation to get into a car wreck.
hqdefault.jpg

What's really scary/sad is that some people need to take a class to understand this basic bit of common sense.
Except that they've been soaking in no-consequences Hollywood gunfights their entire lives,
441977.jpg

so what do you expect them to think when someone offends them,
and finally they've got the other guy outgunned.

That is a problem I noticed.. Pushovers that buy a gun and at the same time, they are all the sudden brave and put themselves in situations they normally would cower from.
Except that they've been soaking in no-consequences Hollywood gunfights their entire lives,
441977.jpg

so what do you expect them to think when someone offends them,
and finally they've got the other guy outgunned.

This is the problem when kids that got picked on in high school finally get old enough to buy a gun, they all the sudden become brave and put themselves in situations they normally would never think of getting into unarmed. How many times I have read on this forum where people refuse to go ANYWHERE that doesn't allow them to carry, like what did they do their whole lives BEFORE they got a gun, hide inside the house shivering from fear of the outside world ?

How many times I have read on this forum where people refuse to go ANYWHERE that doesn't allow them to carry, like what did they do their whole lives BEFORE they got a gun, hide inside the house shivering from fear of the outside world ?
Maybe they don't want to patronize businesses that don't respect their Constitutionally protected right.

... How many times I have read on this forum where people refuse to go ANYWHERE that doesn't allow them to carry, like what did they do their whole lives BEFORE they got a gun, hide inside the house shivering from fear of the outside world ?
In general, [thumbsup] .

Maybe they don't want to patronize businesses that don't respect their Constitutionally protected right.
Precisement; economic feedback to hoplophobes is A Thing.

On the one hand,
the stupidest aspect of Handgunlaw.us
is their endorsement of "No Guns, No Money" Cards.
NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

Concealed means concealed,
and trolling a restaurant that has signage
means that you're just begging for a false 911 call of "brandishing".

-But-​

It's totally fair game to take your business elsewhere,
and hope that some day it'll snowball and the businessman
will be crying their eyes out in the audience as their store contents
are auctioned off to satisfy their creditors.
This list is open-ended.

Last edited:
In general, [thumbsup] .

Precisement; economic feedback to hoplophobes is A Thing.

On the one hand,
the stupidest aspect of Handgunlaw.us
is their endorsement of "No Guns, No Money" Cards.
NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

Concealed means concealed,
and trolling a restaurant that has signage
means that you're just begging for a false 911 call of "brandishing".

-But-​

This list is open-ended.

I stopped by a hardware store on my way to shoot pins in Ledyard Sunday morning. BIG sign out front requiring all customers to wear masks.

I read it and left without entering. Went to hardware store in Montville this morning and bought the items that I'd intended to buy Sunday.

Masks not guns, but -

So would these people also not patronize Europe, or go to Hawaii, California, Tahiti etc because they can't carry a weapon ?

To me, living inside a bubble is boring.

I have gone the majority of my life not being able to, or even considering, carrying a gun. To me, it is a tool, not a way of life. Kid wanted to go to the Big E last week. They had backpack checks and metal detectors.. Was I supposed to deny this kid going to the fair because of my beliefs, because I wasn't willing to try and somehow smuggle a weapon inside the gate ?

So would these people also not patronize Europe, or go to Hawaii, California, Tahiti etc because they can't carry a weapon ?

To me, living inside a bubble is boring.

I have gone the majority of my life not being able to, or even considering, carrying a gun. To me, it is a tool, not a way of life.

Lol there's a metric shit ton of people around here who would do exactly that. Hey if that's how they want to live, NBD. Nothing wrong with that but those are the choices people make... not for me, either.

I will say this however the older I get the more I kind of understand where they're coming from....

Well Mexico is different, even I wouldn't go there unarmed.. Plenty of people would think it's stupid, but I do draw the line at Mexico, or anywhere cartels run amok with assistance of the local .gov

There's f***tons of places on the planet i wouldn't go armed OR unarmed. [rofl]

Well Mexico is different, even I wouldn't go there unarmed.. Plenty of people would think it's stupid, but I do draw the line at Mexico, or anywhere cartels run amok with assistance of the local .gov
Sicarios would wax your ass. They spray and pray hermano.

The cartels of middle aged and/or post menopausal Massachusetts white women running amok on Facebook I can handle, it's the guys with neck tattoos and machetes that give me pause.
Also beware of countries where human life is worth about 25 cents or so. That's usually the sign.

alpo.jpg

I just let them go.

Maybe not this time but at some time in there future they will pull a stupid move and cop will be there to catch it.

Now with iPhones and dash cams anyone can video and turn anyone else in too.

No point in being stupid on video.

I was coming up from the south shore a long while back. I didn't even see him because of how fast he was going, but because of how fast he was going he didn't see the statie coming from the other side of the split.

This dude cut out across and behind me like I was standing still. Thankfully I did not have to hist my brakes for anything or I would probably be dead.

Anyway, the statie caught up to him in the Randolph area of 128/93.

I assume he got a huge fine. probably should have been arrested.

Like I said, some will get away with it for a time but the law of averages says they will be caught at some point.

I subscribe to a dash cam channel. they have no issue coming up with 10-15 min of footage every 3 days or so.

A memorable (reverse) road rage incident for me...some dude left his laptop bag on the roof of his SUV. Not wanting to see his laptop damaged I flashed my lights and honked at him, when looked back I motioned for him to pull over. The a**h*** brake checked me and his laptop slid down onto his windshield and stuck into the gap between the hood and windshield. Would have been better if it slid off the hood and he ran it over [rofl]

I slowly passed him and rolled down my passenger window said "you're welcome".

"no good deed goes unpunished...."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht722fMPmmg

Back
Top Bottom