• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One less crazy lib in the NH House

winning

House Dem Resigns Citing 'Mishandling' of Session - InDepthNH.org

CONCORD – A New Hampshire House Democrat resigned Monday due to what she called the “mishandling of this legislative session.”

Stephanie Hyland, D-Francestown, sent an email to House Speaker Sherman Packard, Gov. Chris Sununu and colleagues in the House to resign from her elected post.

In her email, she blamed the House Republican leadership which has refused to allow the 400 members to vote remotely at committee meetings and the first session where there was a “mask optional” area in a convention center in Manchester.

By late afternoon, her name was deleted from the official House roster and her Facebook and Twitter accounts were down.

Hyland wrote in the email to Packard and other leaders, “The mishandling of this legislative session has made it unachievable to safely and morally perform the duties of this post.”

LMAO. I fully respect a healthy concern for trying not to get sick, but these people are insane.

These are the bills she sponsored or cosponsored. Looks like a good resignation.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Some of these don't seem like bad things, and one or two of them would have directly helped me... ? Like HB1405.

Oh some of them are fine. The rest is pure progressive bullshit.
Which ones? RCV is fine. Making more drugs legal, not a bad thing. They're doing research on mushrooms for folks with PTSD. Changing the age for senators....don't care...

I'm not being sarcastic, I guess I'm not seeing the joke...?

Which ones? RCV is fine. Making more drugs legal, not a bad thing. They're doing research on mushrooms for folks with PTSD. Changing the age for senators....don't care...

I'm not being sarcastic, I guess I'm not seeing the joke...?

f*** RCV, or at least as all the bills are written right now.

Plastic bag ban, gender neutral idiocy, changing the 13th amendment, HB1478(backdoor $15 min wage gouge), the stupid abortion thing in CACR18(and no, I don't think last year's HB2 was correctly written, but it was close).

f*** RCV, or at least as all the bills are written right now.

Plastic bag ban, gender neutral idiocy, changing the 13th amendment, HB1478(backdoor $15 min wage gouge), the stupid abortion thing in CACR18(and no, I don't think last year's HB2 was correctly written, but it was close).
What's the opposition to RCV?

If I vote for 3 choices, all Republican, my votes keep moving where I want them, instead of just vanishing. I have a friend pushing for RCV in more states, so I've been hearing about it for at least the last two years.

Gender neutral thing doesn't affect me in the slightest. I never read the NH constitution. Don't care if they refer to me as him, they, or "the subject."

Not read up on the other ones you mentioned, so I have no insight on that.

From looking at HB1405, it was only co-sponsored by Dems. So, from that stand point, now there's one less person who sponsored a bill that would help me. That doesn't seem helpful, lol.

Edit: I don't know this person, have nothing invested in them. They could be full crazy. But if you remove votes from something that helps you... I don't see that as great?

If I vote for 3 choices, all Republican, my votes keep moving where I want them, instead of just vanishing. I have a friend pushing for RCV in more states, so I've been hearing about it for at least the last two years.

Gender neutral thing doesn't affect me in the slightest. I never read the NH constitution. Don't care if they refer to me as him, they, or "the subject."

From looking at HB1405, it was only co-sponsored by Dems. So, from that stand point, now there's one less person who sponsored a bill that would help me. That doesn't seem helpful, lol.

Edit: I don't know this person, have nothing invested in them. They could be full crazy. But if you remove votes from something that helps you... I don't see that as great?
If you’re not appalled by rank choice voting, I guess you don’t pay any attention to Maine politics.

If you’re not appalled by rank choice voting, I guess you don’t pay any attention to Maine politics.
Absolutely zero, yep.

Not surprised if it's getting screwed up, though, given how basically no one I've even dared mention it to has any concept of how it works. And, I'm not making the argument that it's been implemented properly either.

Doesn't mean RCV itself is bad. But if you implement something poorly, and people don't like change so they don't care to learn about it...of course it's going to go bad. True for anything.

Neat. I've read plenty of these.

My personal opposition is twofold.

1. It complicates things for the voter and the town.
2. There are some people I refuse to vote for, even if they are ranked #666. Theoretically I could leave that person blank, but under the RCV bills that are up, a skipped vote still assigns your personal preference to that candidate. I'm not going to be part of that.

My personal opposition is twofold.

1. It complicates things for the voter and the town.
2. There are some people I refuse to vote for, even if they are ranked #666. Theoriticly I could leave that person blank, but under the RCV bills that are up, a skipped vote still assigns your personal preference to that candidate. I'm not going to be part of that.
1. Absolutely agreed. Compared to the current one-choice system, it's a lot of extra moving parts for both ends of the process. And a general lack of education for anyone involved, which makes it legitimately less appealing.
2. Also agreed. And if the current RCV system is assigning a vote that you did not specifically choose, then I don't support that in the slightest. If you go through 500 of my choices, and the last one is Alfred Neuman that I wrote in because I hate everyone else, it better go to him. Not someone else on the ballot.

Like I said, the core idea of RCV isn't bad. We actually use it on a really frequent basis in day to day life without noticing it at all - and it works just fine. Almost an integral part of how we do things. That said, I'm not going to make any excuses for it if it gets implemented poorly.

Last edited:
No matter which way you slice it. The fact that we have one less dem in office. The is good news. If only we could get the rhinos out as well

The real win is to get rid of the people who voted her in. She didn't get there magically by herself. They'll just vote in another Moonbat to replace her.

The real win is to get rid of the people who voted her in. She didn't get there magically by herself. They'll just vote in another Moonbat to replace her.

She didn't win by much, so maybe there is hope for the area, but yep-agreed. Everyone needs to help their neighbor pack his Telsa to go back to Jersey.

Capture.JPG

Absolutely zero, yep.

Not surprised if it's getting screwed up, though, given how basically no one I've even dared mention it to has any concept of how it works. And, I'm not making the argument that it's been implemented properly either.

Doesn't mean RCV itself is bad. But if you implement something poorly, and people don't like change so they don't care to learn about it...of course it's going to go bad. True for anything.
I applaud your open mind, however, you are sounding a lot like a commie apologist “that was not true communism, let me try!”

Read up on Maine politics. Nobody likes it, is counter intuitive, great for subversion. So great that Cali ditched it. Commiefornia.

I applaud your open mind, however, you are sounding a lot like a commie apologist “that was not true communism, let me try!”

Read up on Maine politics. Nobody likes it, is counter intuitive, great for subversion. So great that Cali ditched it. Commiefornia.
Certain people in maine like it…..namely the ones who want to keep lepage from winning again.

Certain people in maine like it…..namely the ones who want to keep lepage from winning again.
True. What type of folks don’t want lepage?

Lepage can win no matter what, rank choice likely won’t apply in any race involving him.

Most systems, at their core, don't start off as bad ideas. I think we could both agree that once politicians, of any breed, get their hands on them, things stray pretty quickly.

You likely already know this, so feel free to glaze over it.

RCV:
You're hungry, you want to eat.
You want McDonalds.
They're closed, so you figure Burger King is next.
Turns out all the shops are closed because of some new Covid mandate.
It's your last choice, but you still have food at home you could make.
The fact that you're hungry still gets addressed.

Your vote, of one, had immediate run offs until you were left with something that was still a choice. Even if it was far from your first choice. Same analogy that article that was against RCV made.

Single choice:
You're hungry, and want to eat.
You want McDonalds.
They're closed, so you don't eat, because you get no other choices. You had one vote, it failed.

Or, hell, if you have kids, and take them to an ice cream shop:

"I want chocolate."
"They're out."
"Okay, then blastberry."
"That's not a real thing."
"Fine, vanilla."

Versus
"I want chocolate."
"They're out. No ice cream for you. I know, they got lots of other choices, but your vote doesn't matter now."

When I buy bullets, if they don't have my first choice, I buy my second choice. I don't just decide I can't have bullets.

Like I said, we use this all the time in our day to day lives.

I want Tom, Bob, Jim, or Fred to take the crazy Lib's spot. No? Okay, at least I got Sam, even though he's an idiot, at least he's a Republican.

Eh, whatever. If it doesn't happen, or gets all screwed up, or no one likes it, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Maybe I just like the idea that my vote would matter beyond just guy #1, if the votes for guy #1 and #2 ended up being enough for one of them to win. At least I got the second guy, no?

Most RCV proponents are all moonbats. Thats an automatic sign that its bad. Dems love that shit because RCV sets it up so that bernie bros and green party types can still boost their candidate in the late rounds.... they also know that other than the odd libertarian candidate, R voters cannot usually take advantage of RCV. Most alternative parties outside of LP are some brand of commie.

Most RCV proponents are all moonbats. Thats an automatic sign that its bad. Dems love that shit because RCV sets it up so that bernie bros and green party types can still boost their candidate in the late rounds.... they also know that other than the odd libertarian candidate, R voters cannot usually take advantage of RCV. Most alternative parties outside of LP are some brand of commie.
Is this a friendly warning that I might get called by Joe McCarthy soon?

Joking aside, why can't R voters take advantage of it?

Last edited:
Yeah, there's some kind of (externally organized, I'd guess) mini-movement among the NH House Ds that has them either announcing their move to independent status, or that they're stepping down. It's too sudden and with affiliated reps to be purely organic, seems to me. Anyhow, I guess we watch and see. Could be little more than trying to cling to/save for a new candidate seats in the next election.

Yeah, there's some kind of (externally organized, I'd guess) mini-movement among the NH House Ds that has them either announcing their move to independent status, or that they're stepping down. It's too sudden and with affiliated reps to be purely organic, seems to me. Anyhow, I guess we watch and see. Could be little more than trying to cling to/save for a new candidate seats in the next election.

More from NHJ Another NH House Dem Bails, Blames "Ethics" Issues in Caucus - NH Journal

I wasn't aware of Ruprecht resigning.

Oh, there's quite a few. This is a position piece setting the mood. Timing interesting.

Back
Top Bottom