• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One in a million shot

I did that in a paintball game about 10 years ago. Luckiest shot I've ever taken. Of course it's right where I was aiming.

“It was determined that one of the shots that Deputy Marquez fired from his .45 caliber handgun actually hit Meshesha’s .40 caliber handgun and traveled down the barrel, colliding with a cartridge that was in the chamber of the gun,” according to the letter. “Detective (Matt) Ingui described this as a ‘one in a billion thing.'”

What I find amazing I that a .45 caliber projectile was able to travel down a .40 caliber barrel.

My son has basically done that twice with arrows. He has robin hooded 2 times at shoot for scores at 20 meters. Yeah....he switched to 3 spot targets after the second time.

However.....in the heat of a fight thats impressive.

I hope they mount that gun on a plaque or some kind of display case and present it to the deputy as an award... he deserves it.

“It was determined that one of the shots that Deputy Marquez fired from his .45 caliber handgun actually hit Meshesha’s .40 caliber handgun and traveled down the barrel, colliding with a cartridge that was in the chamber of the gun,” according to the letter. “Detective (Matt) Ingui described this as a ‘one in a billion thing.'”

What I find amazing I that a .45 caliber projectile was able to travel down a .40 caliber barrel.
Cue the .45 fanatics screaming about how this is why nobody should own a .40...lol.

It's simple physics the lead is softer than the steel. The lead is still being propelled with great force. It will deform and go down the barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

My son has basically done that twice with arrows. He has robin hooded 2 times at shoot for scores at 20 meters. Yeah....he switched to 3 spot targets after the second time.

However.....in the heat of a fight thats impressive.

Was as he using the patriot arrows?

The bad guy is lucky he didn't get shot in the rear.

1 in a million doc, 1 in a million.

This was my first reaction, too. I don't care how fast it's going, a .45acp projectile won't fit down a .40 caliber barrel.

Maybe the .45 round cracked upon hitting the muzzle and the pieces went down the barrel.

[video=youtube_share;rS1K6T8Iq70]http://youtu.be/rS1K6T8Iq70[/video]
Cool, but soooo photo-shopped...

Back
Top Bottom