• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One gun to rule them all

My would be my Sig 226, I love this pistol. Once you shoot a Sig you never go back [wink]
I have a Sig P228 with the 13 & 15 rd prebans, the gun just never misfires or jams. Accuracy is outstanding. I have been shooting handguns for over 45 years, owned them all. Second place my choice is the Glock 17 1st Gen.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
My full sized M&P 9mm because:

It may not be perfect for all applications, but it I can only have one gun it will work in most. Being a handgun it's easier to have on me at all times rather than a rifle. In a hunting scenario it will work on most game with a well placed shot. Against two legged animals you can't complain about 18+1 capacity, and with modern self defense ammo it'll work as well as .4X caliber.

lorcin%20001.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

I'm choosing my SW M&P. It all adds up for me weight, reliability, durability and ergonomics.

I'd do the same, but I'd go with a compact model, add night sights, and have the metal parts hardchromed.

I just got through cleaning rust off the slide and takedown level on my M&P9c. Not a fun task.

It's kind of like asking if you could only have 1 what would you take: Phillips screw driver, blade screw driver, hammer, saw, etc.
Different tools for different jobs..

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness... my CZ75 is my choice for a bugout bag for ease of finding ammo and volume of fire. Although it doesn't quite live up to the specifications below...

One gun to rule them all; one gun to kill them.
One gun to destroy your enemies and with just one shot chill them.

I have come to the realization that my 1911 is all I will ever need in a "battle" pistol. That is why I am selling my G17. However, carry pistols are nothing like "battle" pistols. For carry, my LC9 fits the bill just fine.

I agree with you in principle, however, the mag capacity is definitely detrimental to the 1911 being a perfect "battle" pistol I know you can get really goofy long mags for them, but for practical purposes even a 10 round mag is pretty bulky, and 10 rounds goes quickly.

I agree with you in principle, however, the mag capacity is definitely detrimental to the 1911 being a perfect "battle" pistol I know you can get really goofy long mags for them, but for practical purposes even a 10 round mag is pretty bulky, and 10 rounds goes quickly.

Para P12, 13 and P14 cures this problem by using a double-stack magazine. I have a P12 - about the size of an Officer's ACP with a slightly fatter grip (but the grip panels are correspondingly slimmer). And despite the Para hatred on this forum, it's been quite reliable.

MSW1911_SW170243.jpg

If it's my only gun, I can deal with a metal frame...

And if it's .45acp, you only need 9...

If your anti stupid, how are you going to pick a 1911 with an external extractor.... Cause as far as looking stupid, that takes the cake.

And, you may only need 9, I'll take as many as I can get.

If your anti stupid, how are you going to pick a 1911 with an external extractor.... Cause as far as looking stupid, that takes the cake.

And, you may only need 9, I'll take as many as I can get.

Because its a hypothetical question, and I picked the first image of a black S&W 1911 with rosewood grips that popped up on GIS.

And here is where I am anti-stupid. The first "your" in your statement should be "you're" because "you are" making yourself look more stupid than I.

I'd do the same, but I'd go with a compact model, add night sights, and have the metal parts hardchromed.

I just got through cleaning rust off the slide and takedown level on my M&P9c. Not a fun task.
How did you rust it? Isn't it stainless steel?

The use of a battle pistol is mostly a stop gap. Your primary weapon is almost always a long gun. I have plenty of those [smile]

I can see the long guns for SHTF and range funs, as well as for home defense. It might be a lill awkward for edc tho.

Back
Top Bottom