One gun to rule them all

best of both worlds?
kel_su2000.jpg
More like the worst.

My full sized M&P 9mm because:

It may not be perfect for all applications, but it I can only have one gun it will work in most. Being a handgun it's easier to have on me at all times rather than a rifle. In a hunting scenario it will work on most game with a well placed shot. Against two legged animals you can't complain about 18+1 capacity, and with modern self defense ammo it'll work as well as .4X caliber.

This. I'd miss my Sig 1911, AR-15, Rem 870, and 10/22. But if I can only have one it's my M&P9c. Light and small enough to take anywhere, effective enough caliber, ammo availability, etc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Para P12, 13 and P14 cures this problem by using a double-stack magazine. I have a P12 - about the size of an Officer's ACP with a slightly fatter grip (but the grip panels are correspondingly slimmer). And despite the Para hatred on this forum, it's been quite reliable.

Interesting, I have never seen one of those, or knew they existed, but that is a solution that would make a good battle gun even better.

Not sure where all of the hate for the Sub2000 is coming from! I have one, and it is one of my favorite range toys, as well as being standard equipment in my backpack. It is super compact, much more accurate than a 9mm handgun, and with a few 30 round fun sticks can put down some pretty formidable firepower. Granted in stock form it has kind of a cheapish feel, but I modded mine with an aluminum quadrail fore end, and will soon be changing the trigger for an aluminum one to improve the feel a bit more. Makes a nice "truck gun" too because it so compact. That is one gun that is a permanent member of my collection because there is nothing out there that compares, especially for the price.

Terminator03 I agree. I have been looking for one forever. Now that I'm getting rid of the glock stuff, I won't bother.

Mine isn't a Glock version! I wanted the Glock one and bought preban mags in anticipation of getting one, when my gun shop called me and said that they got in the version that takes Beretta 92 mags. Since those are also available in high cap, I jumped on it. This was a couple of years ago when the pricing was more reasonable, but I have zero regrets on the purchase and would sell many other guns before this one if I ever had to sell stuff off for some reason. I did have to by Keltec's buttstock extension for it to make it more comfortable to shoot because I have long arms, but it is well designed so that it doesn't increase the folded length of the gun at all, just the length of pull. Not sure if you know, but this gun is available to accept Glock, Beretta, and Smith mags, and in both 9mm and .40 cal.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom