• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One day of gun violence

Such horseshit. 32,000 firearms deaths in 2011. They neglect to mention that 22k of those were suicides. Of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I read one of the stories linked from the page in which an 89 year old man shot and killed a drunk guy who police apparently had reason to believe was breaking into the elderly man's house. It's all very sad and of course skewed against the shooter and against the castle doctrine, but for no clear reason besides bias, IMO.

Anyway, one thing I personally found to be interesting was that birdshot from a .410 can apparently, at least in some instances, penetrate human ribs and enter the lungs and heart. I don't know that much about shot shells and haven't seen many ballistics tests but I'm surprised with the penetration.

Came across this story today, while looking at CNN:

One day of gun violence

They f-cked up the year and the stats they quoted, the newest available data is from 2012 when there were 8,855 homicides.

I guess if you're going to run an agenda driven propaganda piece, there's no need for accuracy and facts.

Last edited:
So if you like statistics (BTW I haven't actually checked the sources, just forwarding something sent to me):

Accidental Deaths by Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Accidental Deaths by Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188
Statistics courtesy of FBI

According to these numbers, doctors are almost 10,000 times more likely to be kill you accidentally than a gun owner! Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. Since almost everyone has at least one doctor, we must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

Gee

looks like criminals being criminals. Rather than blaming the inamate object maybe Mr(s) Author should look all the failed progressive policies that created these criminals and their behavior.

Nope; too hard just blame a gun.

So if you like statistics (BTW I haven't actually checked the sources, just forwarding something sent to me):

Accidental Deaths by Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Accidental Deaths by Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188
Statistics courtesy of FBI

According to these numbers, doctors are almost 10,000 times more likely to be kill you accidentally than a gun owner! Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. Since almost everyone has at least one doctor, we must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

That argument is meaningless unless you also show how many lives are saved each year by doctors.

That argument is meaningless unless you also show how many lives are saved each year by doctors.

Unfortunately, just like determining lives saved by guns, it's difficult to determine how many lives are saved by doctors. Sure, in some cases it's clear that medical attention saved a life. But in other cases how do you determine whether or not the person would have survived without a doctors assistance?

For example; Lets say I cut my arm and it gets infected. I keep it clean and dry, my body fights the infection and I'm fine. Alternately, I go to a doctor, he has no idea how aggressive the bacteria is or how effective my immune system will be. The same external treatment is applied but he also gives me an antibiotic....Did he save my life? No way to know.

Why? Mainstream media doesn't seem to care or even attempt to acknowledge that a firearm could possibly save a single life, much less actually try and report how many lives are actually saved by firearms.

how about the 2-3,000 that the cops kill every year, most of which should be celebrated, but some which should be prosecuted!

Back
Top Bottom