? on Hiviz sights

Are these viewable night sights like Trijicon or Meprolight? I saw the S&W 340pd in a post w/ them on and am curious if they act like night sights. There website is kind of vague on if they glow at night.

Thank you, thats what I thought. But what would be the purpose of having a carry gun w/ these sights and not be able to see at night time. I would think you would want to add Crimson Trace grips with it.

Thank you, thats what I thought. But what would be the purpose of having a carry gun w/ these sights and not be able to see at night time. I would think you would want to add Crimson Trace grips with it.

The purpose is that the Hi-Viz sights are MUCH more visible than the tiny black iron ones you usually get on snub guns.
MUCH faster to pick up.

There is a company called TruGlo that markets a fiber optic sight that includes tritium - in other words, the tritium capsule is under the fiber rod and lights it when there is no external light hitting it.

http://www.truglosights.com/content/products/firearm/handgun_sights/handgun_sights.asp

Regards
John

With a light source they look great, super easy to pick up and without light it acts like a regular painted red dot. My carry gun came with them but I would probably of put something else on if it didn't.

Well, the point is that defensive encounters rarely, if ever, happen is TOTAL darkness. There is always some ambient light at night in populated areas, even if it is from artificial sources.

Hi Viz and Truglo sights take that small amount of ambient light (an amount too small to make conventional sights usable) and collect it to make the end of the light stick very noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom