• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

On Gun Control, Once More from the Top

Once again, time to reread Kevin D. Williamson on gun control.

well written, i like the:
"Of course, it would be politically difficult to repeal the Second Amendment. That is by design. The Bill of Rights, i.e. America’s Great Big List of Important Stuff You Idiots Don’t Get a Vote On, is part of what makes American democracy liberal rather than illiberal."

unfortunately, a ruling party has accomplished a great skill on how what used to be an undisputable right gets shaped into a revocable privilege. you just need to do a 'right thing' and stop asking questions about legality of 'morally right' decisions.

Once again, time to reread Kevin D. Williamson on gun control.

Williamson is one of my favorites at NR. Charles C. W. Cooke had a comparable article that really challenged the banners to do the hard work of repealing the 2nd amendment. I'll link the article if I can find it.

Williamson is a bit Jekyll and Hyde, in my opinion. Sometimes on, sometimes off.

Here he’s off.

“But this isn’t really about the guns. It’s about a society that is, palpably, wobbling on the brink of something awful, with failing institutions, incompetent government, reciprocal distrust among rival social groups, and widespread simmering rage.”

Here, he’s on. So on, he’s got my signature line now.

“In 2015, Harris County tallied up 6,348 crimes committed by 3,200 accused criminals out on bond, and, by 2020, those numbers had trebled to 18,796 crimes attributed to 10,500 people out on bond. A significant number of them were murders.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom