• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OMHTF when You're at Work

Use the big brown truck to drive straight home. Chuck my lady and all my gear inside (sans cat), then bug out.

Convince her that she NOW must learn to use a gun.

Rummage through all the packages out back and barter/sell. SHTF SALE! Everything must GO!

Also, I'd end up eating pretty good as I have atleast 1 Omaha Steaks pkg per day.

Call Hannibal, Murdock, Baracas and Tempelton. Because you know...Today, they are still wanted by the government. And because they survive as soldiers of fortune....if you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....I'm gonna hire - The A-Team.

Call Hannibal, Murdock, Baracas and Tempelton. Because you know...Today, they are still wanted by the government. And because they survive as soldiers of fortune....if you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....I'm gonna hire - The A-Team.

This reply wins.

I don't know about those guys. 5 million rounds expended and they never managed to actually hit anybody. Not sure I'd let them near my ammo stock.

I would strap a shotgun to my back, walk down to mayflower and set sail until the madness is over, putting in at Cabby Shack for a pizza or some angry mussels once in a while, maybe grab a lobster or two.

Last time it happened (9/11) after the military took a head count they had us all leave the base. Went home and watched the chaos on TV. Probably be the same drill next time.

Last time it happened (9/11) after the military took a head count they had us all leave the base. Went home and watched the chaos on TV. Probably be the same drill next time.

Wife was working at Wright Patt when that happened. Lock down. No one on or off! I was off, wife was on. She didn't get home until LATE that night. I worked around the corner from the base. We were told to go home...seems that most business close to WPAFB was sent home.

I have stocked my wife's car with a few items (water, glow sticks, food, firemaking....) and a note as to what I would do in various circumstances. I also printed out some maps that cover a number of ways to get home (NOT HIGHLITED - OPSEC). She isn't LTC yet, but when we get that done I'll put something else in the trunk.

As far as I go, I have a big truck with spare fuel tank, tool box, and under seat storage - see above.

Oh, I forgot to add, before barricading myself in with the snack machine, I would loot all the women's bathrooom's at work and steal all the tampons. They're going to be the new currency after the SHTF! I'm gonna be RICH!

If I'm at work that means I have one gun and an absolutely obscene amount of booze/food...I'd kick 3/4 of the customers right out the door, bar it, and go back to watching sports center until things settle down or go completely tits-up.

Kinda depends on what you're talking about. Most S doesn't HTF, it creeps up on it. Massive economic collapse doesn't just happen one morning at 9:15. Neither does a hurricane. Or race riots (not really a factor here). Or most other S.

Massive Earthquake? Unless it's epicentered in downtown Nashua, drive home as normal.
EMP burst in the upper atmosphere? Unless it's directly overhead, drive home as normal.
Dirty nuke on DC/NYC/LA? Drive home as normal.
Cyper attack on the power grid? Drive home as normal, being especially vigilant at intersections.
Undead walk the Earth? OK, now it gets tricky...

opens up all kinds of new options as i work on a military base... MRE warehouses to plunder, wheeled or tracked vehicles to borrow, and armories to pillage

Last edited:
opens up all kinds of new options as i work on a military base... MRE warehouses to plunder, wheeled of tracked vehicles to borrow, and armories to pillage

If you need help give me a call.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned calling 911.

Back
Top Bottom