OMG please talk me out of this. (Gun cleaning mat)

HarryPottar

NES Member
Ok I have CDO which is a hundred times worse then OCD, yes you heard me you amateurs.

So I stumbled on this YouTube video about cleaning a P320, because well, the thumbnail caught my eye.

OMG, the cleaning mat, tools and set up look like long forgotten craftsmanship. You’re talking sipping (alcohol free) fine wine and munching on Foie gras, while cleaning your firearm after an afternoon shooting at the country club with Smithers, head of finance from Smithers, Smithers and Madeoff.

This whole set up is more than $300, at that cost it’s sod the cleaning just buy another barrel.

Currently, I’m on a $12 tech mat and about $20 in with Walmart cleaning supplies, sipping (alcohol free) Sam Adams and munching on a
chips

Oh how the other half live.
Harry

Outside of the nice pad underneath the rest of that is just a f****** dumpster fire. My cleaning kits are basically boxes full of snakes, brushes, and q tips.... shop towels, patches, etc. That set up he has is just way too slow and overcomplicated. I f***ing hate cleaning guns. Not as much as laundry or grocery shopping, but close. I usually do a whole bunch of guns at once so I can reduce the overall frequency of the activity, because it sucks. Although i drink real alcohol and smoke a cigar while cleaning so it's not the worst thing. Watching broadcast TV is worse.

Also cigar boxes make great storage for brushes and jag tips, etc.

Ok I have CDO which is a hundred times worse then OCD, yes you heard me you amateurs.

So I stumbled on this YouTube video about cleaning a P320, because well, the thumbnail caught my eye.

OMG, the cleaning mat, tools and set up look like long forgotten craftsmanship. You’re talking sipping (alcohol free) fine wine and munching on Foie gras, while cleaning your firearm after an afternoon shooting at the country club with Smithers, head of finance from Smithers, Smithers and Madeoff.

This whole set up is more than $300, at that cost it’s sod the cleaning just buy another barrel.

Currently, I’m on a $12 tech mat and about $20 in with Walmart cleaning supplies, sipping (alcohol free) Sam Adams and munching on a
chips

Harry

I still cant understand how you CDO guys even get around to actually shooting your Guns let alone clean them.
f*** it , if you get all gitty over a $300 slab of leather buy it. Or go to your local material/fabric supplier and buy a hunk of leather.
One of these days im going to lock a CDO in my basement for a few days. When the noise stops I suspect either a clean and organized space or they are in some CDO induced state of shock

chips

Harry

The craftsmen of that long forgotten time would probably not be drinking non alcoholic wine/beer
Most likely sipping scotch or jin and smoking cigars or unfiltered cigs

I can think of lots of things I’ve spent crazy money on. Tools, say, like chisels and hand planes. Knives, obviously. Even watches.

Stuff for cleaning guns? Hell no. But then, I learned in the army, where using a GI brown towel and a bent dental pick, plus a plastic toothbrush, with your own leg as a bench was the standard.

Good luck to you, OP.

Is it nice? Yep.
Do i want it? Yep(im a sucker for the diamond stich)

Will i buy it? Nope.
Why? Because itll get destroyed by everything that is used to clean the gun and everything that comes off the gun.

Ive been a lazy bastard and bought tech mats for 2 reasons.
1.its cheap.
B. Its a mini map of your gun. (I like to tinker)

I do want a proper mat though.
Ill eventually get around to buying the real avid mats that ive been putting off forever.

Back
Top Bottom