Olympics - Shooting Sports

PaulR

NES Member
10m Air Pistol starts tomorrow, whatever that is.
Skeet qualifying over the weekend as well.

Will try to find the TV air times, I'm sure they are all 2-4am. [rolleyes]
I wonder if the USA woman who has dominated the last, like 6 olympics is still competing. She's awesome to watch.

How did the Olympics NOT make the NES Boycott list?
There's been decades where I don't watch, for whatever reason, busy, etc. Many sports I don't care about, but many are pretty cool. My wife likes the curling in the winter for some reason, lol. My girls play softball so now we're into that. Would like to check out the archery thing, and shooting of course. Oldest is into the horse thing, so will try to find and watch that.

I wonder if the USA woman who has dominated the last, like 6 olympics is still competing. She's awesome to watch.
watching people shoot is worse than watching people play golf....lol

Once in a while I might watch the Biathlon high lights.

It says womens air rifle, 9:45pm Eastern, tonight....doesn't say if its televised though, may have to watch online through their website?

The Olympics are to sports as Thanksgiving are to families… every once in a while you get together with people you barely like, make small talk for a short while, then go back to hating each other/not talking the remainder of the year.

It’s almost amazing how these games are still relevant…

some of the americans shooting

I kinda like watching handball and a few other less well known sports. I couldn’t care less about NBA players playing or gymnastics and some others which get the majority of the coverage

Do you mean Kim Rhode? She did not qualify for Tokyo Olympics. She's there but as alternate. Her streak stands at 6 Olympic games. 1996 to 2016. Unless one of the American women can't compete for some reason......which is highly doubful.....her run is over.

I won't watch woke athletes kneeling or turning their backs on the flag. Talk about clueless, selfish spoiled individuals. If you hate this country than move and represent a country you respect. I hope the Womens soccer team loses and Meghan and her ignorant teammates go home and get real jobs.

I won't watch woke athletes kneeling or turning their backs on the flag. Talk about clueless, selfish spoiled individuals. If you hate this country than move and represent a country you respect. I hope the Womens soccer team loses and Meghan and her ignorant teammates go home and get real jobs.
^^^THIS

I guess it depends on who's shooting

View attachment 505209
Yeah, because they look super hot wearing those shooting jackets and the camera only focusing on their face.

Olympic shooting is one of the most boring events. I might watch it for a full 5 minutes only because I know how hard it is to hit those small targets so fast, but that's about it.

watching people shoot is worse than watching people play golf....lol
I guess it depends on who's shooting
In-Celebration-She-Just-Wanted-to-Kiss-It1.jpg

ETA: I like Gore-Tex

U.S. Army 1st Lt. Amber English made history Monday when she won a gold medal in Olympic skeet shooting.

English set an Olympic record hitting 56 of 60 targets to knock off Italy’s Diana Bacosi. The Italian shooter was the gold medalist in the event in the 2016 Rio Games.

English is a 1st lieutenant with the World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) in the U.S. Army’s Marksmanship Unit in Ft. Benning, Georgia.

US Army Olympian Amber English takes home gold medal in skeet shooting

I'm OK with my tax dollars going here.

Back
Top Bottom